Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Smile Don't get me wrong, I want a Creative...

Hi folks,

I've had my Zen Creative Nomad Jukebox Xtra 60GB for a while now and I've loved every moment we've shared...unfortunately, it's developed a condition that I'm convinced is malignant. The volume down button doesn't work, which is a concern for my fragile ears as it's now permanently on full volume. I've bravely removed the 'warranty void' stickers, taken it apart and a switch on the circuitboard has fallen off - something I have no hope of being able to solder on.

So, it's now time to get a new MP3 player. I also have a MuVo 256MB that I use for the gym and when running, but obviously it's annoying having to keep changing the playlist with my computer. So, I'm torn between the hard drive based Zen Vision M and the flash based 8GB version of the Zen V Plus...obviously with the Vision M I could keep all of my music on the mp3 player, but with the V Plus not only is there docking speakers at a much lower price, but I'd be able to run with a much larger variety of music.

What I'm asking for here is actually a couple of things. Firstly, does anyone think that either is superior for its purpose than the other? I'm aware it's hard to compare them as one is hard drive, the other is flash, and this is precisely my problem. Secondly, I'm a little worried that both the mp3 players are by now quite old, and that Creative probably has better things to come, so would I be better off waiting a couple of months? I don't know if they have a six month cycle or something where a new product appears, and I'm sure you'd all have much more idea than me on that front. Finally, perhaps I've made a huge mistake in my choices, maybe there are better creative players or even...well, I'll say it...even a better non-creative, you're right, that was stupid...

Thanks a lot for all of your help!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]