Klipsch Promedia 2.1 is renowned for its sound quality:

http://www.klipsch.com/products/deta...media-2-1.aspx

Here is a review:

http://www.anandtech.com/multimedia/showdoc.aspx?i=1477

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-29-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Altec Lansing inMotion [iM510]

Just purchased the iM510 Altec Lansing inMotion (made for Sansa).

It docks the Sansa and recharges the battery while operating.
The dock is retractable.
Fits nicely on my desk.
Runs on 4 AA batteries or included power supply.
Weighs only 20 oz; 8.4" wide, 2.1" deep and 3.8" high.
Sounds great.

Walmart $89.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:53 PM

Get this speaker.I think its the best for people who want very light and portable speakers. They also have a really great sound quality.
Go to http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Aipte...oductDetail.do

Old 08-13-2007, 12:07 PM

I suggest the logitech x230s I have a set, and they are wonderful, I don't know why y'all are saying they aren't very good, they're only $30 on tigerdirect.com and have a really good sound for the buck. I was on major budget (had to be under 40$) so I couldn't buy an amp or a better set, but I'd say these speakers are excelent quality, I used them on my Pc untill recently (I use earbuds with my mp3 player, my bro get's pissed really easy and if I piss him off I get grounded ) and you couldn't have a worse set for the size, the speakers are small and you don't get an uneven audio response with them like some other systems if you set up your player (or pc or whatever) right with the DNSe you can get a clear as crystal sound. I use them with my pc's volume up to the loudest and turn the speaker volume down and put the sub on half, then just a few tweaks with the sound card and it's golden, of course that ruins the old speaker's settings so I had to go back and fix them for my family who made me move my speakers to my room because they couldn't figure it out and it sounded horrible on the stock dell speakers, then again those sound like crud anyway

Old 08-18-2007, 01:22 PM

Well, if you're not sure about 5.1, then I'm suggesting the Logitech z2300. It's the best 2.1 system for all you bass lovin' freaks! This system easily shakes walls. And the 120Watt 8" ported subwoofer doesn't bottom out that quickly as the x23/400 system. I have this system in my room. I don't have a computer in there so I listen to them with my MP3 players (Sandisk m240, Zen V +, and Philips Expanium 205 MP3 CD player). You might want to avoid cranking up any system for about 10 or so hours. That's for the break-in period. They also come with a two year warranty.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:08 PM

The Altec Lansing BXR1121s aren't shabby at all...a solid 2.1 speaker system for $30 with impressive power and clarity, plus a convenient AUX input for your MP3 player. I've had them for a few days, and I'm impressed with its ability to completely fill a bedroom with music...the subwoofer has great power to it. Haven't even turned it up all the way yet, either.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:57 PM

i have the x-230's for my room(ps2, tv, laptop) and vs4121 from ebay for my workout room...which is on the way