android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Insignia > Insignia NS-DV

Old 11-29-2007, 04:49 PM

Cool Insignia still going to update the now old NS-DV??

Tobey, wonder if you actually have been in contact w/the Insignia folks. Wondering if they will ever release any updates for the NS-DV now that the Sport and Pilot are out.

The main thing I'd like to see if book marks (or a way to convert MP3's to Audible format (AA), which include the feature. Mainly listen to books.

Regards,
Mongo

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-29-2007, 05:49 PM

Mongo, there will be another release of NS-DV F/W.

Thanks

Old 11-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldel View Post
Mongo, there will be another release of NS-DV F/W.

Thanks
As in "one last release"? Just want to know what more we can count on. Thanks for the reply, digitaldel.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:30 AM

Glad to hear there may be some more firmware updates. I have been using the NSDV-4G for a few months now and have been pleased with it as my first portable player. I thought I would update my request list.

Crucial requests:

Bookmarks - Echoing what has been said before, bookmarks for audio other than audible files and also for videos would be much appreciated. It's annoying to switch between files forgetting where you were watching that movie etc..

Context Menus - I won't go over this as it has already been clearly stated before.

Delete from player - I'm not sure but I think I read the new pilot has this. Wonder how hard it would be to implement it on here. This would be a life saver especially when you record something and want to delete it instant.

Somewhat important:

Battery meter - A better display of the battery power. Possible in a percentage format like others have said.

More Formats - Any chance of more formats? I heard the video is programmed through software on this player. Would it be possible for I-Pod video and audio formats. Also would it be hard to implement all formats of Windows media files like 7&8. Most files you get through internet are encoded in WMV 7 or 8 version and its annoying to recode them.

Support for PDF/Text - I dunno how hard this will be to implement, but a lot of players support this, even cheap Chinese ones I have tried.

More FM recording options - You can only record in High quality.

Bonus:

Video options - More video options like how about step by frame, zoom in, a&b repeat for video, and change the orientation of video.

Games - Bonus.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:38 PM

Please add another YES vote for:
  • -18 Lyrics display
    (Description: Lyrics scroll on the screen, in sync with the currently playing song)

Old 04-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Insignia Moderator

*List updated*

Old 12-04-2008, 10:50 PM

The ONE thing that would make me happy is: FLAC support!

All my music files are FLAC only and I've to convert to mp3 to use for my 23048234 Insignia players.

Keep up the good work Insignia!