android
Old 02-12-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Sansa Media Converter 2

May be a good idea to Sticky this. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this in a thread or not, I didn't see anything about it, but if it's sticky'd it may stop most of the people asking where to get it.

This is my second setup compile of it. My "Build 1" wouldn't run the setup right. I've fixed this and it is 100% working. Have fun!

(And please also note, that was a joke I cracked at the end of the install. I fool a few of my friends by doing that sometimes)

File Size: 15.5 MB.
Estimate Speed (on 3 MBPS DSL): One Minute.

http://www.potatosackman.com/SMC2_Setup_Build2.exe

Edit(adcomp2019):
Here is a new link: http://mp3support.sandisk.com/sansa/SMC/SMC_4_236.exe

Last edited by advcomp2019; 09-27-2008 at 06:49 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-12-2007, 03:33 PM

Thanks Huttah!

Old 02-12-2007, 03:48 PM

Man - YOU ARE THE BEST! I have nothing to add!

Old 02-12-2007, 07:46 PM

What's the advantage of SMC2 over SMC?

Old 02-12-2007, 08:04 PM

its homemade and personalized plus you can crop videos and phots

Old 02-13-2007, 02:55 AM

Another advantage may be Arcsoft took their hand out of it as far as i can see. Arcsoft supposedly tried to make a comeback with Arcsoft Media Converter 2, which I've heard is crap. This is the second OFFICIAL Sansa Media Converter version 2, powered by InterVideo. Nicer look, and all that other great stuff people have mentioned.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:59 AM

im gonna try this but the smc2 i had before crased every time i tryed video ;-(

Old 02-13-2007, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhozt View Post
im gonna try this but the smc2 i had before crased every time i tryed video ;-(
If it don't work this time, you may wanna check your computer settings, close some things running you don't need.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:09 AM

no programs running last time fresh codec load. smc1 worked fine though .. Im testing right now with the teaser episode of "lucy daughter of the devil" ;-)

Old 02-13-2007, 03:17 AM

just tryed ,,,,,,,,crash as soon as i tried to transfer ,,, not your fault surely its just the intervideo

Old 02-13-2007, 11:05 AM

What are the specs of the video? I know I've had trouble with both Media Converters actually, and it's because of video-type. Although the SMC 2 has fixed a lot of that.

On another note, please elaborate 'crash.' Did it crash as in "Failed to transfer video" or "Windows make it fall down go boom."

Old 02-13-2007, 11:42 AM

crash as in SMC2 has a problem and needs to close . and its a AVI file converted from FLV by super ,, I do this all the time in SMC 1 with this exact same file type with no issue ,..

Old 02-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Zune Moderator

it gives me a memory error and then crashes

Old 02-13-2007, 01:56 PM

One question Huttah... well two.

I d/l'd your build 2, but the SMC version still reads 1.0??? am I just missing the finer print?

I appreciate your work and it seems to deliver a better video to the player.
(still sucks about format though, "chronicles of riddick 3G2. 147MB, mov. 738MB???) Bastards...

Also when I have a micro in and plug in with MSC(Rhapsody) the micro shows up in SMC as the player, I haven't loaded a movie to it and know that it's not supposed to work, but has anyone tried this?

And the player shows up in MTP(Playforsure) as itself, but I had thought that it had to be in MSC before?

Sorry 3 questions....

Thanks for workin on SMC. I had thought about trying the tweaks, but I'm a little rednecked for that kind of task.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:04 PM

It does for a fact read 1.0. It is actually "2.0" though, because this is InterVideo's "1.0" and before that was Arcsoft's "1.0" and simple math can tell you, 1.0 + 1.0 = 2.0. InterVideo also added some features, such as cropping. The only thing I don't like is you can't make the video full-screen and with better sound quality like you can with 1.0. I'm going to try to build a fix for this soon. And I seriously don't know the deal with the format. I'm wanting to learn how to make it accept other video formats, but so far I have nothing. I'll keep you guys updated, anyone is welcome to help, just give me a PM.

--Huttah

Old 02-14-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huttah View Post
It does for a fact read 1.0. It is actually "2.0" though, because this is InterVideo's "1.0" and before that was Arcsoft's "1.0" and simple math can tell you, 1.0 + 1.0 = 2.0. InterVideo also added some features, such as cropping. The only thing I don't like is you can't make the video full-screen and with better sound quality like you can with 1.0. I'm going to try to build a fix for this soon. And I seriously don't know the deal with the format. I'm wanting to learn how to make it accept other video formats, but so far I have nothing. I'll keep you guys updated, anyone is welcome to help, just give me a PM.

--Huttah
wish you luck the player is only coded to take mov containers with mjpeg a-b video encoding ... realy old format ;-(

Old 02-14-2007, 05:56 AM

For me and many others on this forum, SMC2 has caused quite a few problems. My most notable one was the loss of sync in time and video on all of the videos I tried in SMC2 - the sound would mute for a moment immediately when it started, then played normally after ten seconds, out of syncronization with the video.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:22 AM

It's working fine for me, other than the sound quality. Which I still haven't found a solution to yet, but I found a thread where I could fix it in SMC 1. Wish i'd work with this .

Old 02-15-2007, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huttah View Post
It's working fine for me, other than the sound quality. Which I still haven't found a solution to yet, but I found a thread where I could fix it in SMC 1. Wish i'd work with this .
Hi Huttah - my Intervideo SMC says version 1.0 B004.104CDG - is that the same as the version you have uploaded?

There is apparently now a version 1.3 of the Arcsoft SMC. I wonder whether anyone can upload a copy of that as it might be an improvement over v1.2?

I looked through all the Intervideo files (not with a hex editor though!) but couldn't see any way to change the settings to improve its audio conversion performance - I hope you have more success.

Richard

Old 02-17-2007, 07:56 PM

I installed SMC version 2 on my computer that is running Windows XP MCE. When I open SMC 2 and connect my Sansa e250 the device is detected. However, when I try to convert an .avi file, the file is not converted.

Does anyone have any ideas why the file is not converted?