android
Old 02-10-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Connection Problems

Hey,

I have had a Creative Zen Vision: M for about 6 months now and, though I love it, I am beginning to get fed up with it. A few days ago I began to get the "Rebuilding" icon on the player. Now, whenever I try to connect the player to my computer, the computer will not recognize it. I've tried using the CD that came with the player several times on several different computers, but with no success. I've managed to install the player as an MTP player, and in Windows Device Manager it is listed as "Creative Zen Vision: M", but when I try to launch the Creative Explorer it says the player is not connected, though it very clearly is. I have tried all kinds of USB ports, so there is NOTHING wrong with my connection. Also, when I try to sync files in Windows Media Player 10(on Service Pack 2) it says, "Windows Media Player does not detect a portable device. Connect your portable device, and then try again." This is getting very annoying. I have tried reloading the firmware, tried the "fixup" program, and have done nearly everything under the sun. Please, is there anything else I can do? Creative Support doesn't seem to be any help, and I need my 1000 tracks I have on the player backed up in case the device fails altogether. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]