android
Old 06-20-2008, 04:13 PM

Default Quality & Format of Voice recordings? & other questions

I'm looking to do near professional (not professional) voice recordings of mostly lectures, and some music. These will be shared with others. I chose to avoid dedicated voice recorders b/c seems better to get more bang for the buck.

1. How good is the quality of the voice recorder? Is there a discernable hiss to the recording quality? Is it comparable to the X5 for recording quality (X5's is awesome)?

2. What format does it record to?

3. Also, is navigation quicker / better / easier than that of the ipod mini?? The controls on this seem a bit clunky. But the insane level of customisability and now reasonable price tag have me very intrigued.

4. Can you read text or pdf files on it?

5. Can it play files at variable speeds - slower/faster?

6. Does it have voice activated recording?

7. How quickly can i turn the voice recorder on from any menu? I've read that there are customisable buttons, does this mean one click recording?

I've been exhaustively researching for a proper player for awhile now. Would REALLY appreciate some help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Do you want a player or a recorder? I have not seen a player that does a good job of recording. Very few players even have a microphone jack. Most players record at a low bitrate, which would not be good for music. For recording lectures, I have not seen a player with a decent built in microphone, and most recorders don't even have a decent built in microphone. I have been looking for a low cost player or recorder that would be good for recording lectures. My conclusion is that the Samson Zoom H2 recorder at around $180 is the best low cost portable option for voice or music. It has built in mics that are said to be decent.

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000VBH...E5CAV3QRW9NMG2

http://www.audio-ideas.com/reviews/m...er-review.html

Last edited by JK98; 06-22-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Tags
f2, features, voice recorder