android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 07-09-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Etymotic ER6i's are AWSOME but I am looking for more bass

I have a par if Etymotic ER6i's and I love the sound quality and almost everything is fantasitic, except for the bass. it has a very trabalized sound, and lacks bass expecially in a lot of my bass-riden music.

Does anyone have any suggestions of IEM's that have awsome sound quality like the ER6i, but with more bass? Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-10-2006, 09:17 AM

Try this forum:

http://www.head-fi.org

Tons of info.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:18 AM

Default I hear you

Iv'e had the ER 6 for a while and have replaced the filters/rubbers quite a few times looking for a little better performance. I found the answer in the Sony MDREX90LP. They are cheaper, play louder and and much better bass. Overall tone balance is not bad. You can't do better. By the way, Hi all, new here, just got a Samsung YP-Z5 after subscribing to URGE which my Dell DJ 15 G could not really handle anymore .Thanks to this site, I got to learn about the firmware update, etc.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:05 AM

I was disappointed in the MDREX90LP. Although the bass is much better it sounded muddy to me. Had an impact on the overall sound. They didn't sound crisp. The bass wasn't tight.

Still looking for a set of buds myself. I found the Bang & Olufsen to be interesting. Apple has them in there store hooked up to an iPod so I could check them out. This might be worth picking up. My concern here is that you can adjust the fit in various ways and I think it would be easy to keep fiddling with the adjustments to get the right sound.

Review link on the B&Os:

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/headp...4_2750crx.aspx

Old 07-27-2006, 12:54 PM

I think B&O is like Bose. All marketing and style. No real substance. Check w/ head-fi.org website. Most recommened Shure, UE, Etymotic and Westone for IEM.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:28 PM

I went to a local store that had the Shure E4Cs in an open box so they let me test them. Although they are very clear and crisp I feel you lose the overall depth. For $300 I won't bother. Even for $160 off of eBay. I'm very curious to try to the E5C since they have dual drivers. I'd admit I'd never pay the price for those either. I bought a pair of Aiwa at RS some time ago. They sound nice. Just wish they stayed in my ear better. Which is why I like the ones that plug in your ear or the ones that have the 'ear hanger'.

I see the B&O A8s and the Audio Technica EC7 are very cheap on eBay. Read a review yesterday where someone compared the two and like the EC7 better for fit and sound. Although the person said it was close.

Old 07-30-2006, 12:51 PM

Lordbeefmaster, if you want more bass than the ER6i, try the Sennheiser CX-300 (rather cheap, but good) or the UE Super.Fi 5 EB (expensive, but excellent - I use them - they're the IEMs with the best bass I've heard).

Old 07-30-2006, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMongoos
I found the Bang & Olufsen to be interesting.
The B&O's are a piece of crap. One of the most overpriced product I've ever heard. Nice design, but horrible sound.

My neighbor has them - and my $10 Sennheiser MX400 sound better!

Old 09-15-2006, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt
The B&O's are a piece of crap. One of the most overpriced product I've ever heard. Nice design, but horrible sound.

My neighbor has them - and my $10 Sennheiser MX400 sound better!
This is true. I have a theory on them starting the whole 'design over functionality' thing. (B&O, iPods?) They have been doing this for ages. A lot of people here in Denmark have B&O televisions, and they seem to last a long time (and by that i mean a very very very long time) But other things they make are failures technology wise. Sad.