android
Old 02-01-2007, 11:05 PM

Lightbulb Sansa Image Converter

Alright every1. This is my application that i made for converting images to my sansa E250... It should work for most people. All u need is Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and prob windows XP, It should run... It looks very nice and has a handy help file system that i build myself. Just extract the ZIP file ***make sure you allow it to be placed in its specified folders. The help files should be placed under "Help" automatically***

The only problem is the same thing every1 has. When the images are converted they will be mirrored. Once they are placed on to your sansa they should appear correctly.

It worx well 4 me. Hope it worx well for every1 else. Please tell me if u find any bugs or glitches.
THANX

Last edited by Ephraim; 02-05-2007 at 12:49 AM. Reason: New version available... DOWN

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2007, 05:26 PM

That is a very nice little app Ephraim!

I like the way you organized the options. It's even better than sansa media converter

one suggestion tough. Please work more on the resizing algorithm so that we can get more sharp images when resized.

The preview shows images that when resized from 640x480px for example, they look kinda jaggy.

I will use it more tomorrow and let you know of any other ideas/bugs.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:51 PM

Ok thanx 4 the reply... I tried an image that was 640x480 and it worx well 4 me... do you have the sizemode set to stretch?

Old 02-03-2007, 05:57 AM

Here's an image example.
One image resized in two ways.
One with pohotoshop and the other with decrypter.

You can see that the images differ in regard to anti-aliasing.
The one resized with photoshop is more anti-aliased and looks smooth, while the other in decryptet is more jagged.

I hope i am clear with my explanation, i am bad at explaining things
Here's the example

http://www.box.net/public/x8rcpll0p2

Old 02-03-2007, 11:19 AM

They both look a little jaggy to me, Jetonia, except the photoshop one also looks blurry! I think this is a matter of opinion.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:58 PM

Well, so be it then. But i still think that the resizing method could be improved.

Anyways, keep the good work.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:21 PM

OK im working on a smooth-mode option now... It will give u guys the options wheather to make it... Anti-aliasing, slow - high quality, fast - low quality, or normal... Dont know how this will work out but hopefully its what ur lookin 4... Also i found out that the images dont need to be the whole size of the screen, so i dont need the black lines on each side of the image... So im gonna try 2 change that 2. Thanx 4 the replies. And keep lookin back here 4 new posts. THANX

Old 02-03-2007, 10:33 PM

Talking

Alrighty... Ive updated the application a bit... not that different just has a better sizing algorithim. I didnt realise how bad it was until i compared it 2 the sansa media converter image and WOW... LOL. Thanx 4 the tip guys. It still gives u the options to set it 2 low if u really want 2. It gives the options: anti-aliasing,High,Low,Normal. They r basically 2 options. For more info check the help file under options. Please let me know of ne more problems or just improvements thanx!

Last edited by Ephraim; 02-06-2007 at 01:23 AM. Reason: New version available... DOWN

Old 02-04-2007, 04:32 AM

You see? I knew there could be improvement with the resizing method.

It looks very nice Ephraim! Plus with the new option added, i can dump the sansa media converter when loading images into the e250.

I will be using Sansa Image Converter .

Well done.

Now some suggestions:
- An option to browse for the target folder where the images will be saved. Not only in My Documents

- And i think this is connected with the first suggestion, so that you can directly save the files in the Sansa (Photo folder). Could that be done?

P.S. not much activity in this thread? At least say thanks to the man.

Old 02-04-2007, 04:51 AM

Yeah thanx man u have been a real help with me making this program... U can change the directory of the images... just u need 2 enter them manually. But i can change that. K. The suggestion is harder to implement cause i need 2 know what drive the sansa is in... but ill mess around a bit and try 2 find a way.

what u have said can b done and ill get 2 it right away. THANX

Old 02-04-2007, 03:36 PM

you can make the drive letter a choosable option (like, user input field, or something)

that would fix the sansa drive letter problem.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:22 AM

Talking

K i got the new version ready and set to go... YAY

Here are the new features, as suggested by you:

-> It features an option to set where the images are saved using a Folder Browser.

->The images no longer have black lines on either side of the image, since i found out the images dont need to be full size to work. This means smaller image sizes (Not by much), and simpler images.

-> There is now an option to set the image to be copied straight to your sansa E200. This wasnt very easy, and you have to choose your it from a list after clicking CONVERT. If there is no "PHOTO" folder on the drive, it will tell you that this is not a valid sansa e200 and ask you wheather you want to continue. I was going to set it to only show drives with "PHOTO" folder on it... but im not sure if all sansas have this, and if it can be changed on some sansas. If u think this should b done please tell me!

This update has taken me a while compared to the other updates. There are also a lot more features and things to go wrong. Since i still have to go to school (Year 12), with lots of work, i havnt had much time to error check extensivly. So please forgive me if there are any bugs or errors unaccounted for.

Please tell me what you think... and if theres any bugs or errors... THANX
Attached Files
File Type: zip DECRYPT Sansa Image Converter 1.2.zip (182.1 KB, 566 views)

Old 02-07-2007, 09:26 PM

Im guessing by having no replies that every1 is happy?

Old 02-08-2007, 08:40 AM

I don't have nothing to add Ephraim.

All my suggestions have been implemented. Thanks for your effort and thanks for making this great program.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:38 PM

Thanks for a simple easy to use 'tiny' application. It works great for my needs.
Congrat's on your effort.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:12 PM

Default format

Ephraim,

What's the format required? I'm using linux, so don't have an easy way to run your program.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maladon View Post
Ephraim,

What's the format required? I'm using linux, so don't have an easy way to run your program.
Tryed WINE ????

Old 03-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Ephraim.

Here's a request: -JPEG output, now that Rockbox is around.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:52 PM

nice program, really like it, layout could be better!

Old 04-04-2007, 09:50 PM

love the program...thanx!! if only they would make something this easy for vids now!!!