android
Old 02-01-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Vision or Vision:M

Hi all,

I'm planning to get my 1st mp3 player, and I need some advices and opinions.

I want one with voice recording feature for recording lectures.

I'm also thinking of one that plays videos as well, helping me to kill time in between classes. So yea, I suppose I would need one with big storage too.

After going online and searching, and reading some great reviews, I'm deciding between Creative Zen Vision and Creative Zen Vision:M

Since I'm planning to use it to watch videos too, the Vision has bigger screen, it ought to be nicer to watch videos on it, no? Plus it also has removable batteries, so I wouldn't have to worry much about batteries dying out (though I can live with the non-removable Vision:M batteries).

The Vision:M has a smaller screen, but it comes in 60GB (the Vision only comes in 30GB). I thought I might as well get the 60Gb if I'm getting the Vision:M. Some people may tell me that 30GB is big enough for music and songs...However, things like this, will never be enough, heh.

So, what do you all think?

For those who own a Creative Zen, how is the voice recording? I dont sit in the 1st few rows of the lecture theatre, the lowest would be like the 5th row, hence it would be good if the voice recording can record from where I sit.

If any of you have any other great mp3 players to recommend, please do so.

I like the Cowon A2 alot, but it's not available from where I'm from.

By the way, I heard alot of about Vision:M being Very Easily Scratched, kinda worried about that fact. Scratches on the screen or the body of the player?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2007, 06:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The Vision has been replaced by the Vision W, which has a bigger and better screen, the Vision W has a 16:9 aspect ratio & it has a very wide viewing angle (the viewing angle on the Vision screen is extremely limited), I also found the Vision screen to be kind of washed out. The Vision W also comes in 60GB and it's got some small features the Vision doesn't (like custom background, zoom for photos, etc.). You can still get a Vision, just saying I think the Vision W is better, and the Vision has been discontinued, so if you do get one, just know that it's not as up to date and Creative likely won't be suppoting it with many (if any) more firmware updates in the future (it does have one thing the W doesn't, FM recording). As for the chioce between the Vision or Vision W and the Vision:M, if you want to watch a lot of movies and the size of the player doesn't matter much, don't go with the Vision:M, but if videos are only a secondary feature to you and you want a smaller, more pocketable player, go with the Vision:M.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopScribe View Post
The Vision has been replaced by the Vision W, which has a bigger and better screen, the Vision W has a 16:9 aspect ratio & it has a very wide viewing angle (the viewing angle on the Vision screen is extremely limited), I also found the Vision screen to be kind of washed out. The Vision W also comes in 60GB and it's got some small features the Vision doesn't (like custom background, zoom for photos, etc.). You can still get a Vision, just saying I think the Vision W is better, and the Vision has been discontinued, so if you do get one, just know that it's not as up to date and Creative likely won't be suppoting it with many (if any) more firmware updates in the future (it does have one thing the W doesn't, FM recording). As for the chioce between the Vision or Vision W and the Vision:M, if you want to watch a lot of movies and the size of the player doesn't matter much, don't go with the Vision:M, but if videos are only a secondary feature to you and you want a smaller, more pocketable player, go with the Vision:M.
Thanks.

I heard about the Vision:W, and I thought it'd be like a combi of both Vision & Vision:M, as in big screen and big storage size....The size of the player doesnt matter much to me, hence, if compared between Vision:W and Vision:M, I would definitely prefer Vision:W. However, I have to think of the price factor too. I havent check it out, but I assume that the Vision:W would be pretty much more expensive, no?

Another thing about Vision:M is, it's not a new product, been around for quite a while I believe. It would totally suck if, after I get my Vision:M, a new product is introduced.

Anyone can please tell me about the voice recording quality?