android
Old 07-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you hear the 81DJ, make sure you pull the foam pad out. It is too thick and kills the highs.

How To Remove the Hebrew Beta firmware

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-01-2007, 10:23 AM

trust a junior member and get the "phillips mix and match" phones
they have great audio quality
and only cost 7 max.
they also come with alternative headphone skins!!

My SONY mp3 is the best thing that ever happened to my PC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Any headphone with skins is not a headphone worth listening to.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:36 AM

Talking

I love my Inner-ear phones, with them I can listen to music in class and not get caught! Seriously, I'd have to turn the volume up 3/4 of the way just so the person closest to me can hear just a tiny bit of Bass. I wish I remembered what brand they were, because I would tell you... I know it's not on this list, and they have an X on them, and at first sight, you'd think they were crap (at a mere $20). But they have good sound (the packaging says they're "studio quality"), and they come with extra pads in different sizes (like if your ears are HUGE, unlike mine ). Although, if you have the Bass or the Trebble up too much, the little pads start to give off a vibration that sorta tickles... but who wants thier ears tickled, right?
Anyway I love these headphones!

Old 08-11-2007, 02:22 PM

just picked up the sony mdr-j10's not bad for $25+tax

Old 08-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

wow you got them at an expensive price i find them here in canada for only $15 +tax (about $16.30)

Old 08-12-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix-X View Post
wow you got them at an expensive price i find them here in Canada for only $15 +tax (about $16.30)
maybe so, but i consider any Sony headphone for under $30 CAD a really good deal.

i also was able to score a ipod radio-remote (I was given a 30GB Ipod Video for Christmas! ) for $25 off the future shop clearance table while i was there.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:33 PM

I own the Senhieser eh150 headphones. The clarity on these is unbelievable. These are the best headphones you can have for under the $50 dollar range. Sure these aren't ear *winces* buds! The 10ft cord they come with can be a little bothersome if you use these for portability. But the sound quality makes up for it. And they are very comfortable as well. Highly recommended!

Old 08-24-2007, 02:11 AM

Cheap one, great, hope it works fine

Old 09-15-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a12ctic View Post
Am I the only one who loves the Koss Spark Plugs?
I am also a fan of the sparkplugs ! I tried more expensive brands, but went back to the sparkplugs.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:08 PM

Default MDR-EX71 anyone?

Any one of you guys ever considered Sony MDR-EX71? I say it is fairly costly as a pair costs $50, but I think it is an exellent in ear phone. I've had it for about 5 months, and I never regretted investing $50 for it. It definately supports with fullfilling bass and crisp treble.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne_idet View Post
Any one of you guys ever considered Sony MDR-EX71? I say it is fairly costly as a pair costs $50, but I think it is an exellent in ear phone. I've had it for about 5 months, and I never regretted investing $50 for it. It definately supports with fullfilling bass and crisp treble.
The EX51 and 71 are some of the worst sounding, most overpriced IEMs I ever heard. Everything about them is bad: muddy bloated bass, non-existent veiled midrange, shrieking sibilant treble, horrible build quality, J-style cable.

Here's a spreadsheet, my personal opinion about several IEMs I own: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=15243 - the bottom place is too good for the EX...

Old 09-18-2007, 12:57 AM

Good forums here. Didn't see this listed in this thread: if you like the Koss KSC75's, but prefer a light headphone instead of something that clips onto your ear, the Koss KTXPRO1's have the same drivers as the 75's. Yup, it's true. And you can often find them on sale cheap too. Right now Amazon is charging almost full retail for 'em($18.xx against $19.99 reg price), but you can bet they'll have 'em on sale before too long. Yeah, the blue strap looks strange but they sound very good for mighty cheap. Have a built-in volume control in the cord too.

One caveat: I thought all this talk about headphone burn-in was just talk- and for all my other phones, including my Koss KSC75's, it was. But my KTXPRO1's sounded kinda harsh & shrill at first- so I tuned in a radio station on the home stereo, & left 'em plugged in for many hours. Probably about 2 1/2 days total. Expected no real difference- but they were completely transformed. They're my favorite headphones now- and I also have some Sennheiser folding PX-100's. The Sennheisers sound a hair better, but much at all- and I'd be very upset if they got ruined or stolen. Loss of some $13 Koss's would be much easier to take. Besides, I have another KTXPro1 still sealed in the package.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:42 PM

About the Koss UR20... Would that be too much for my Samsung Z5? I mean I like how it looks and stuff. But would it be enough for it? And where could I find it in Southern Ontario? Hamilton preferably.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:48 AM

I just picked up a pair of Panasonic RP-HS6 ear clips (paid about $7 for them) and they are a terrific set of low-cost open headphones. They have good crisp sound and are extremely light to the point where I basically don't notice wearing them.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
If you hear the 81DJ, make sure you pull the foam pad out. It is too thick and kills the highs.
Can you post a pic to see what you mean? I guess you are talking about the foam inside the headphone right? the thin one..

Old 10-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emfa View Post
Can you post a pic to see what you mean? I guess you are talking about the foam inside the headphone right? the thin one..
Yeah, it's the black foam "disc" which lies inserted between the pleather pads and the driver. Notice that there's a cloth which covers each driver -- these should remain untouched. The foam disc is very easy to remove and insert again. Easy and completely undoable mod. No worry.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Yes, the thin foam. There will still be a very thin cloth material covering the drivers to protect them. To me, these phones are not worth the money with the stock foam in. I was using them without any foam, which is a huge improvement, but the highs were to shrill for me. I found a thinner foam and now they sound pretty good.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
I found a thinner foam and now they sound pretty good.
Which thinner foam? Where can I get one?

Old 10-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Which thinner foam? Where can I get one?
You have to find your own. I bought my 81dj used and the guy sent me some extra foams from a pair of beyerdynamics that I cut to fit my 81dj. Not sure which model they came from. You'll just have to do some searching and experimenting. You might like them without the foam so i suggest trying that first.

Tags
earbud, earphone, headphone, iem