android
Old 06-23-2007, 08:38 PM

I just got a pair of Creative EP-630, and I must say these are THE BEST sounding headphones I have EVER heard

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-25-2007, 10:08 AM

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/pr...ine&tab=3#more

anyone seen these? know if they are any good?

Old 06-28-2007, 04:33 AM

hey guys just got my HD-201's

mmm I <3 them

And so i should... it took them almost a month to arrive -_- stupid american ebay

Anyway YAY

Old 06-28-2007, 09:41 AM

Very cool. There aren't too many sets of phones at that price point that sound as good as those. Enjoy.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:38 PM

The headphones I've had the best experience with are the Sony Earclips. They sound great, are not too expensive (I've seen them in the range of $9 to $15), will stay firmly in place, and are very comfortable to wear. They are one of the few headphones that I can wear for hours without discomfort.

I hope that helps.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Thumbs up

I can't find enough good things to say about these headphones. I don't find their "lack of soundstage" at all a detriment, b/c, headphones are not really about soundstage as much as detail, tonal quality, and other musical qualities. I currently own about 20 pairs of various earbuds, including cheap sennheisers, and very recently acquired skullcandy ink'd earbuds (based on favorable reviews). I also own Sennheiser HD500s (with Cardas Silver cable), have owned Etymotic ER4P's (my favorites headphones ever, left on a plane about 2 years ago - I literally cried). I have owned other highly regarded phones from Sony, Sennheiser, Koss, etc.

The thing about the KSC75's is that when I compared them to my more expensive phones, they get you very close in sound quality for a fraction of the price. They sound the most to my ears like my HD500s. They lack a little control and finesse compared to the Senns, but the bass is there, and quite clear, though not quite as deep, and that wonder full treble sparkle and midrange quality that allows you to follow really intricate guitar and cymbal lines.

That is what really separates them from other cheap phones. I have been trying to find cheap phones for travelling to beat them, but nothing else seems to come close. They do not sound canned, compressed, and colored and nasal, like almost every other cheapie I have heard. If they were more attractive, had real wood bodies, higher quality materials, sold for $120 and sounded the same, they would be called an audiophile bargain by many. I have owned three pair, and as they tend to last me about a year before they start to come apart, I plan to stockpile a few pair for my mp3 players and notebook.

I too wish that the design was a little different, but I wish koss found a way to translate the sound into an earbud so that they could isolate sound a little better. I use my more expensive phones at home, but the Koss when travelling, and on planes, I have discovered that the Boosteroo amp (and probably any other amp) can be used to drown out engine and other noise, but perhaps at the expensive of consideration to neighbors. Well, that's my 2 cents.

Oh and I bought and returned the V-Moda $99 phones after listening to them for about a week. Heavy, if ill-defined bass, rolled off treble, and compressed and flat sounding.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:03 AM

Hey, does anybody know if the Panasonic RP-HT227 are any good?

Old 07-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batkinson001 View Post
http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/pr...ine&tab=3#more

anyone seen these? know if they are any good?
Not good from what I have heard.

How To Remove the Hebrew Beta firmware

Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 PM

There are 3 in-ear phones i am considering, i'm hoping someone's tried some and can tell me more about them. My main concerns are:

a) Sound Quality - i'm not too picky here - i probably wouldn't notice the difference with many, i do want something cheap, but not complete crap (which is what i got when i purchased an RCA pair of buds)
b)Comfort - i want something that won't hurt, and will stay in. Also i don't want the little gummy part falling off.

So these are the ones i am considering... basically cuz i saw them all at one store and i prefer to shop in a store rather than online

1) JVC Marshmallow HA FX33. $30 (Canadian prices)
- i've seen people mentioning trying them... if anyone has anything more to add about comfort or sound quality, that'd be great. These look the coolest (colourful) so i'm leaning towards these

2) Panasonic RP-HJE200. $30

3) SkullCandy Smokin' Buds. $40

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanx!

Old 07-27-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malina View Post
There are 3 in-ear phones i am considering, i'm hoping someone's tried some and can tell me more about them. My main concerns are:

a) Sound Quality - i'm not too picky here - i probably wouldn't notice the difference with many, i do want something cheap, but not complete crap (which is what i got when i purchased an RCA pair of buds)
b)Comfort - i want something that won't hurt, and will stay in. Also i don't want the little gummy part falling off.

So these are the ones i am considering... basically cuz i saw them all at one store and i prefer to shop in a store rather than online

1) JVC Marshmallow HA FX33. $30 (Canadian prices)
- i've seen people mentioning trying them... if anyone has anything more to add about comfort or sound quality, that'd be great. These look the coolest (colourful) so i'm leaning towards these

2) Panasonic RP-HJE200. $30

3) SkullCandy Smokin' Buds. $40

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanx!
I've read through a bunch of threads here on ABi. Lot of people like the JVC's for cheap but good.

I bought a pair about a week ago (US$16 on sale). The SQ is quite a bit better than the stock Sansa buds. They are quite comfortable to wear for even fairly long periods of time (hours at a time). They are a bit sensitive to placement in the ear (but maybe all IEM's are like that? I don't know). IE - if not inserted far enough, the sound is very 'thin'.

The tips are sort of 'foamy' rather than silicone. It seems that quite a few different tips will fit if the foam starts to go bad.

I've had no problems with the tips coming out of my ears (the stock Sansa's didn't seem to fit so well). The cable is slightly longer than the stock Sansa -- for me, that's a plus.

I'm quite happy with these -- I think they are great for carrying around. I'm not too worried about wrecking a $15 set of IEMs; and the SQ is definitely an improvement.

I'd go out and buy another pair in a heartbeat.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I haven't tried the Panasonics, but all Skullcandy phones are trash. The mallows are probably your best bet.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:11 AM

Is this thread still open for recomendations?

If so I would like to sumbit the JVC HA-F120 gumy's. They are earbuds, not the IEM gumys that are already on the list.

I just picked up a pair for £5 ($10) and they are excellent for the price imho. They have alot of (reasonable quality) bass (comparable to some IEMs) , have fairly low distortion (similar to marshmallows). Separation is a little lacking, especially in the lower midds. The worst thing about them is that the cable smells bad, and thats saying something for a £5 pair of earbuds.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have a pair of those. They're pretty good for the price, but I've found them to be a bit heavy in the midrange and the bass to be rather muddy -- though, if you want something really cheap that thumps, these will do the job nicely.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:52 PM

Thanx everyone for your input... i might as well give the marshmallows a try.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:31 PM

hi, I'm looking for good inexpensive headphones to wear during commute, so I need good isolation. I can't wear buds or IEMs; it has to be headphones.

The AKG K26P gets rave review from headphone.com but pans from everyone else. Anyone has that pair and has done the mod linked to on the first post? how do you like it. with and without mod?

I think the hd201 is also an option but it looks too big for going out in public, and I'm not sure about the SQ.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:44 PM

If you need isolation and you do not want an IEM then you have to go for a circum-aural design. The street wise neat supra-aural cans do not act as a physical barrier to noise as well as the cans that cover the ear completely.

For the money, the HD201 are very good SQ and will give more expensive cans a run for the money

Old 07-30-2007, 05:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The 201 has good sound quality but does not isolate well enough for commutes. I have the AKG K81DJ which cuts outside noise by at least half and people around wont be able to hear your music. From what I have read, the K81DJ is preferred over the k26P.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:52 PM

IMO, the K81 are in the same class as the HD25 or DT770 - while the K26 are sibilant and uncomfortable (at least to my ears). So, no comparison there.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:57 PM

I have some Sennheiser HD202 which have good isolation and good sound. They are not expensive, maybe worth a look.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:55 AM

thanks. i'm leaning away from k26 to k81 or hd202. k81 is a little pricier, but I wouldn't mind paying if I could audition and know it works for me.

derf: how is the hd202 compared to an open design like px100? not as good, I'm sure, but is it a big drop in quality? do you use it in situations where you don't need isolation?

Tags
earbud, earphone, headphone, iem