android
Old 04-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Hey i haven't gone through the whole thread,but has anyone mentioned the Sennheiser CX 400 II? Iv noticed the CX 300 r there.. N iv read some good reviews online about them.. R they good? U can find them for under $30 on amazon.. Thinking about buying some..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Sennheiser CX line of IEM's isn't really the best choice anymore....for that price range, I'd recommend the MEElectronics M6's

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 04-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
The Sennheiser CX line of IEM's isn't really the best choice anymore....for that price range, I'd recommend the MEElectronics M6's
They are on sale CHEAP. I've ordered a pair. Thanks for the post.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You're welcome, I ordered myself a pair too !

Retired Devices:

Old 04-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
We'll both be in audio heaven soon I ordered the clear ones. It's really hard to find clear ones that don't cost a small fortune.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
How are they for "cable noise"? I have a pair of ATH-CKM50A that sound great, but any movement in the wire and it overpowers the sound. I really don't like the inner ear ones, but these look like they might be better.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

not too bad...there is a shirt clip to help put too. The m6 is a no brainer for $20

Old 04-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDaveJ View Post
How are they for "cable noise"? I have a pair of ATH-CKM50A that sound great, but any movement in the wire and it overpowers the sound. I really don't like the inner ear ones, but these look like they might be better.
While listening to music, there is pretty much no cable noise. But, when not listening to anything, there is quite a lot of it if you move the wires a lot (running, walking, etc.).

Retired Devices:

Old 04-15-2011, 03:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
You got yours already. I'm so jealous mine probably won't get here until next week.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:31 AM

Just ordered the MEElectronics M6's from Amazon. Thanks for all the info!

An in depth review linked to from CNet that helped me pull the trigger on the purchase for anybody interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...nics-m6-review

Old 04-20-2011, 04:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachop94 View Post
You got yours already. I'm so jealous mine probably won't get here until next week.
I got them on Tuesday. I have them in right now. They are comfortable I'll try a different tip everyday to see which I prefer. Using the triple flanged now.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:02 PM

Default MEElectronics M6 Valentines Set

I just ordered the Valentines M6 pack for $34 shipped. That's a black and pink/clear matching set. I'll unload the pink to a friend of mine for the very reasonable price of $17; and we are both happy. I felt that the Samsung phones bundled with my previous Q3 were pretty good for included phones, but I'm anxious to try these after reading a lot about them.

Cheers,
Seth

Old 05-01-2011, 12:02 PM

Default M6 are good phones.

They haven't burned in yet, but I can report that they sound great and are very comfortable. I used them last night without my MP3 player at a concert for ear protection, so they are quite sound isolating. Not a lot of cord noise even while running and they really stay in my ears well without a problem.

I sold the pink pair to a friend, so the net cost of $17 for the black par is a super deal. I'm very pleased and will recommend these often. If you don't have a pair, why not?

Cheers,
Seth

Old 05-16-2011, 08:49 AM

So what do you guys recommoned out of these choices:
1) Sennheiser Cx300/400
2) MEElectronics M6 or m9 or m11
3) SoundMagic PL11

thanks

Last edited by ammar; 05-16-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:51 PM

first of all thanks for the great guide

i live in argentina and a relative of mine is travelling to NY and i wanted to getr some earphones,

i liked panasonic rp-htx7. but i dont know where to get them at that price ( cant use online services cause my relative wont be staying at a hotel but renting a house, so i wont be able to be sure they will get the package if i buy it through amazon)

is there any physical store where i can get this phones at 30 bucks in ny?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Administrator

They're a couple of dollars more than that but they're available.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=Panasonic+RP-HTX7&N=0&InitialSearch=yes. You could also check J&R in NY.

I had a set I included in a trade a year or so ago. I think the description of them is fair. Not spectacular but they don't do anything wrong. If I needed a set and what I had was $30 I'd buy them again.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The HTX7's take a beating, too. I sold mine with my Sony E345 close to a year ago to a skateboarder at work.....the Sony is long gone, but the headphones still work.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:01 PM

Smile

Would you consider 100% legit Monster Turbines for $49.95 direct from Monster themselves (scroll to the bottom of page) to be good inexpensive earphones? I sure as hell do. I wouldn't pay $179.95 for them, but for $49.95 these are awesome! Especially after proper burn in. Make sure you check the URL's, they are legit and non-redirecting. Call the phone number too and ask sales reps questions if you must for I wasn't sure if this was genuine either - but in the end, I found out - it is!

They ARE REFURBISHED UNITS though which means they are FACTORY RESTORED to original working condition. They are 100% legit and not knock-offs. No scratches, no B.S. Monster themselves doesn't screw around - they can't afford to tarnish their rep (any more than super over priced cables did for them - LOL!)

They don't come in a fancy box or with literature/guides. Just a bill of sale from Monster and inside an air-cell packed cardboard box. The little bag that contains the goods is marked refurbished on a little sticker on the outside along with some other numbers. They have 30 day return and 90 day warranties. They do come with a genuine leather magnetic pouch with red stitching and a baggy with 6 pairs of ear tips in them. For me, the triple flange tip gets the best ear seal in my ears and provide very good noise isolation. They will sound crappy otherwise until you can get a good seal.

Most portable MP3 devices don't have the drive (oomph) to really push these in-ears until you turn on the EQ and turn on the juice. So any DAP with an EQ will really bring these to light. These things can handle a lot thrown at them so if you like to overkill your music, have at her. Now I finally know what all the fuss is about headphone amps...

You could push your luck on eBay & Craigslist and get fakes or stolen ones...or you could buy legit on a budget - your choice!

PS. I'm not affiliated with Monster or anyone at all for that matter - I'm just a normal guy with a finite budget like the rest of you happy to have found a deal.

One final note - they don't ship to Canada so I had to get my sister to buy them and re-ship to me up here in Calgary. This may be a problem for you fellow Canadians. Americans have at 'er. I can submit photos of everything if you're interested.

Enjoy!

Last edited by chaosdivine; 07-13-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Cleaned up wording.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:04 PM

anyone know if these are any good:

http://www.tronbymonster.com/products/t3/

also anyone know of any earbuds/mic/controls combo that work good with a cell phone?

I got a Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate 3G+ and I just broke the earbuds that came with my phone...

I have researched enough to know that the $108 earbuds by Dr Dre won't work with Android phones...

Old 08-08-2011, 06:34 PM

On the topic of clip-ons, how about the audio-technica ATH-EM7GM? I'm using them right now, and they're pretty good. The sound quality is dynamic and generally really good, although I do have complaints about the weak bass and sound leakage. I thought about upgrading, but if anything, the ATH-EM7 is a good deal.

Tags
earbud, earphone, headphone, iem