android
Old 06-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboyer93 View Post
Do you know anything about the JVC HA-S150 Flats?
I found this which might help you out.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-03-2009, 02:48 PM

I think I'll get them and see how they sound. I can always return them if I don't like them.

Thanks for the link.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboyer93 View Post
I think I'll get them and see how they sound. I can always return them if I don't like them.

Thanks for the link.
I saw them in my local Wal-Mart but only in the Barney the Dinosaur color, so I couldn't bring myself to buy them....lol

Old 06-03-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I saw them in my local Wal-Mart but only in the Barney the Dinosaur color, so I couldn't bring myself to buy them....lol
That's my favorite colour.

I'm going to walmart and I'm going to pick them up.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:42 PM

They're pretty good. Most of what people are saying in that link is true.

I think you should add the Flats to this list.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:38 PM

Today, I found a pair of Panasonic RP-HJE200 Portable Earbud Headphones in pink and white at Amazon.com for only $2.07. I understand these are an older model, but these are brand new. I decided for that price, to take a chance. When I get them I'll let you know how they are.

Last edited by Wondah Woman; 06-09-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:06 AM

Can anyone say what the UR20 are like?
I tried browsing headfi, but of the 412 results, the ones I looked at only really mentioned it on passing and didnt 'review' it.
How do they sound, specifically unamped? Are they comfortable?
I know they're ancient phones, but they havn't been removed from the list so presumably there still a good starter set.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:20 PM

Added the Brainwavz Beta Pro to the list in the first post - some of the better $30 IEMs I've heard so far.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:31 PM

hey dfkt i would take off the fact that jvc flats are near good. i just looked for a backup for my sennheiser px100 today as there shipping out to be serviced from damage. and i tried thoughs at bestbuy bought them stuck them into my player out side the door and brought them back 2 minutes later listening to music. they hum, fizz, and had no clean sharp base or highsounds at all cheaper then my first pair of 5 dollor panasonics. though i did by some koss sparkplugs for 17 dollors which is probably expensive for online but okay for a store. i had some base roll of with them at first with my s9 a little tweaking in the amazing eq and bbe setting in my own user settings and bam they are amost identical to my sennheisers but with maybe to much bass on top its like the px100 with subs built into them lol. great earphones. specs on the back of the box say there worse then the ones you suggested but by ear they perform better. probably the only one possible to be pushed to 20khz according to my ear like the px100's. though brainwaves are probably better as you said above i am sure they are by there specs. i am just talking about what i could find in a store and these are great for quick under 20 finds. like ksc75's would be too. but take jvc's off the list at least i tested them and i dont think they deserve to be there. and yes i oppend 3 of them up there with the employee at bestbuy it was not a bad one they all just sucked. lol. the only weakness of the spark plugs is there like a great home speaker with a bad crossover or maybe way too good one that makes the sub sound like a passive radiator basically on some song bass sounds like its so deep its all at 20hz. which is not great for when listening to paul gilbert rock so i brightened it up a bit in the eq and fixed that too and it then sounded great it was capable of being wider ranged it just need a little boost around 100hz wide.

Last edited by julabask; 06-16-2009 at 06:39 PM.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:51 PM

Yeah, I stopped reading that wall of random lowercase words after the 2nd line...

What I appear to have gathered is that you don't like the JVCs. Seems a lot of people are satisfied with them though: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/jvc...review-424817/ - Maybe yours were from a bad batch?

Old 06-16-2009, 07:33 PM

The Flats sound great on my Creative ZEN. There must be something wrong with them at Bestbuy because they sound fine to me and I got them from Walmart.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:24 PM

good point it very much could have been just a bad batch. well if others are satisfied with them then its fine. i was just expressing my experience. but your probably right. looking at the box statistically they should be great headphones. and the sounds i was hearing was not because they probably did not have the capability of what it said but basically sounded like the drivers were failing so probably they were all defective there.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:28 AM

Default Creative EP-630?

I'm thinking about getting the Creative EP-630s, but I want to make sure there isn't something I'm missing. I like the straight plug and Y-cable. Interference from the wire rubbing against things isn't an issue, I'm mostly sitting still. I want clear bass, but not with overwhelming volume. Mostly, I need solid (clear) mids and treble.
I thought about the Sennheiser CX400s, but they have that annoying extension cord and the J-cable. Anyone know a good alternative?
This will be an upgrade from stock earbuds, pretty much.

Last edited by ultrauber; 06-19-2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added line at end

Old 06-21-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrauber View Post
I'm thinking about getting the Creative EP-630s, but I want to make sure there isn't something I'm missing. I like the straight plug and Y-cable. Interference from the wire rubbing against things isn't an issue, I'm mostly sitting still. I want clear bass, but not with overwhelming volume. Mostly, I need solid (clear) mids and treble...
Getting EP-630 will mean you are missing out by a lot. If you have $20 or less to spend, try SoundMAGIC. PL11 and PL20 are both better alternative of EP-630. PL11 has better bass, PL20 is more balanced.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
Getting EP-630 will mean you are missing out by a lot. If you have $20 or less to spend, try SoundMAGIC. PL11 and PL20 are both better alternative of EP-630. PL11 has better bass, PL20 is more balanced.
I can't find those PL20s on Amazon. Are the EP-830s any better?

Old 06-21-2009, 10:39 AM

Nevermind that last one, I found them. (PL20) I'll probably get those. Thanks, ClieOS.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:02 PM

Default Panasonic RP-HJE200 Portable Earbuds (light pink/white)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondah Woman View Post
Today, I found a pair of Panasonic RP-HJE200 Portable Earbud Headphones in pink and white at Amazon.com for only $2.07. I understand these are an older model, but these are brand new. I decided for that price, to take a chance. When I get them I'll let you know how they are.
Well, I got my new earbuds. They are ok. As far as looks go, they match my player pretty well, though not completely. My player is a light pink SanDisk Sansa Clip 2 gb. The phones come with three sizes of earbud cushion. I'm using the smalls. They don't block out outside noise very well at all. The sound quality is ok, though not fantastic. There is no bass to speak of, but you can hear the vocals quite well, much better than my Koss KEB24's. At times, the sound from the Panasonic's is tinny, but very liveable. So, right now, I'm carrying around both pairs of earbuds while I decide what I like better. They only cost me $2.07 plus $6.60 shipping, so I'm not out a lot of money. I still haven't found the perfect earbuds for me yet.

Last edited by Wondah Woman; 06-21-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: wanted to add a title

Old 06-24-2009, 11:46 PM

I'm planning on buying the Panasonic RP-HTX7 so I can stop listening to my JVC Marshmellows. I'm wondering if this is a good investment but i'm not 100% sure if I should buy this or not

Old 06-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNStyle View Post
I'm planning on buying the Panasonic RP-HTX7 so I can stop listening to my JVC Marshmellows. I'm wondering if this is a good investment but i'm not 100% sure if I should buy this or not
I have them, and Marvin The Martian has them as well. They're really good for the price. I got mine for $22 on Amazon.com.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:35 AM

if you can find em cheap (head direct sells them for $39 right now) the RE2 are a great set of IEMs I got mine for a little more than that on Amazon, Head Direct also sells them with a fiio E5 amp for $49 total. I've been told several times an amp is required for these to sound their best, but they sound really good on their own. Especially as a pair of cheap headphones. I'll probably pick up an amp sooner or later (so I can use my Audio Technica ATHM30 without having the volume blasting) so I'll compare then, but as of now I love the sound all on their own

Tags
earbud, earphone, headphone, iem