android
Old 08-19-2008, 06:37 AM

Panasonic RP-HNJ10-$10 is what I paid for these.

Superceded model, may have to buy it from eBay,but nice fit with elastic earpieces.

Features are:
Stylish, Neckstrap type headphones with soft fit elastic material earphones (gummy type)
Great for attachment to your music player
Elastic coated neckstrap cord with safety release clasp
Tangle Free Cord with in-cord Earphone holder
Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz

Nice sound quaility and would suit white colored audio players.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-19-2008, 11:38 AM

these for $20 from Wal-Mart: http://www.consumer.philips.com/cons...nes+SHE5910-27

White in colour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SHE5910_27_webImage370.jpg (5.6 KB, 8 views)

Old 08-19-2008, 02:27 PM

I found these at Office Depot on clearance for $12.00:

http://www.cyberacoustics.com/index....content_id=355

They were sold under the name "Acoustic Authority." I was immediately impressed by how great they sounded with my 4GB Sansa Clip, and the noise canceling worked solidly.

The bass is heavy, but not overly so, and guitars and vocals sound very crisp and clear. I nearly cried when I listened to The James Gang's "Funk #49" (and not for the reasons some of you might think ) with these. With the noise canceling turned off, the 'phones are still very good, perhaps on par with my JVC Gumys, but turned on, there is a vast, positive difference. And of course, the incredible SQ of the mighty Clip doesn't hurt, either.

Thanks.

All the best,
Brad

Old 08-20-2008, 07:41 AM

The SHE9510's look a lot like the older SBC HE590 virtual surround earphones-which I own (I got for $10 at Retravision)

The Virtual surround these produces is quite weird but crisp sound with great clarity-and makes my K3 really "come alive".

Last edited by babya; 08-20-2008 at 07:48 AM.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batkinson001 View Post
these for $20 from Wal-Mart: http://www.consumer.philips.com/cons...nes+SHE5910-27

White in colour.
Had these in black - sound is good BUT 99% of people say that they fall out of their ears. They fit HORRIBLY!

Old 08-23-2008, 10:28 PM

Philips SHE1360-under $10.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:50 PM

Why is it that everything in Canada seems to be 2 to 7 times more expensive than what you listed? =(

Been scouring the web for some HD201s but I haven't had much luck.
Best deal was from Expansys.ca, but with shipping and tax, the total came out to around $45.

HD595s easily go for $350+

Old 08-31-2008, 05:19 PM

I discovered 2XL Wrecking Ball In-Ear Buds (Spoke) during a trip to Best Buy for $14.99. They sound remarkably good for the price and are the first in-ear buds I've ever bought. And they also look pretty cool, too.

http://2xl.com/wreckingball.html

All the best,
Brad

Last edited by HulkSmashNow; 09-05-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:44 PM

why is the PMX60 even listed?
the PMX100 is WAY better in every single way. i had the PMX60, was satisfied.
then i bought the PMX100 and i was blown away by the sound-quality compared to the PMX60.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:03 AM

MX 160-the basic earphone in the MX series:
http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...product=500946

Got myself a set for $9-it was on sale (was $15).

Always like Sennheisers for their nice and well defined bass-the MX160 sounds very good with my iPod and Sony players.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:18 PM

I'd have to recommend the Sony MDR-J10 headphones. Found 'em at Walmart and Best Buy for around $7. I am on my thrid pair of them. The first pair went bad from twisting the cable I guess, it would only work when twisted into certain positions. However, I have noticed my next two pairs had a different shaped plug and I diddnt have that problem again, so I assume they probubly updated it to make it sturdier. The second pair got ran over with a lawnmower (long story, but definately not the headphones' fault)

Anyways, I highly recommend them, the quality rivals that of more expensive earbuds. It has good bass, but not so much that it overwhelms the mids and highs, which are also very good. The only issue I notice that might bug people is the quality tends to decrease as you raise the volume, but its only noticeable if you have it very loud. Also, they work best when firmy placed against your ear. If you are going to be shaking around while listening, these probubly arent the best headphones for you; even the slightest movement out of place drastically effects their sound. However, I'm sure they fit more snugly on some people then others.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId=11036014

Old 10-05-2008, 12:31 AM

@hulksmashnow

can you give a indepth review about 2XL wrecking ball earphones as i am planning to buy one.

Thanks

Old 10-05-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reventon View Post
@hulksmashnow

can you give a indepth review about 2XL wrecking ball earphones as i am planning to buy one.

Thanks
I'd be happy to review the Wrecking Balls. Don't know how in-depth it'll be other than "...they sound great!," but I'll do my best.

All the best.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:56 AM

I'm always on the look for better headphones.

"There's something better out there," I'd tell myself. However, when you're cheap, broke, and/or poor, which I am at various times, it's difficult to upgrade fairly extensively or expensively.

Why perusing a nearby Best Buy (I live in what is colloquially and commonly referred to as "Podunk," "The Sticks," "The Boonies," and
"Bumf@!k," so anywhere else is either "nearby" or some distance away), I discovered the 2XL Wrecking Ball In-Ear Buds (Spoke) for $14.99.

I decided to pick them up because:

A) They were cheap.
B) They were cheap.
C) They looked cool.

Getting them home, I hooked them up to my 4GB Sansa Clip and FiiO E3 headphone amp, and immediately found myself pleasantly surprised by the Wrecking Balls' comfort and sound. Nice bass (at least for me), nice punch to vocals and instruments (at least for me), and nice noise isolation (at least for me, wait a minute, I see a pattern forming here...). Unamped, the Wrecking Balls were still good, but not as bass-heavy or as clear sounding.

The Wrecking Balls are made incredibly well, with good build quality for the plug, cable, and buds themselves. They don't feel light or flimsy at all. You get three sizes of tips for your ears, and when in, are comfortable and secure. And lastly, they simply look cool. The near-fluorescent green and black just looks awesome together.

I'd recommend the Wrecking Balls to anyone looking for high quality inexpensive in-ear buds. Best Buy is currently selling them for as little as $9.99.

Finally, the 2XL line originates out of Park City, Utah, at the same address as the infamous Skullcandy line. Take from that what you will, but don't let it stop you from dropping ten bucks on some pretty fine headphones. Besides, you can always take 'em back!

Here's the link to 2XL's website with more links to Best Buy:
http://2xl.com

Thanks and all the best.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Heheh.. nice review, Hulk.

Here's another 2XL review by Yuki: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=34259

Old 10-05-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Heheh.. nice review, Hulk.

Here's another 2XL review by Yuki: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=34259
Thank you, kind sir. Yuki's review is very, very good and much more technically based if anyone want to learn more about the 2XL line.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:56 AM

Default Hmmm...

I got them mostly to replace my skullcandy that were damaged. I never got the chance to buy another pair of skullcandy because I couldn't find them. I was going to get the black ones (I hated the white, red and green one) but those weren't the ones on sale ( some Best Buy bull), so I got these which I hated at first because of the color but they just grew on me.

So.... are the skullcandy's related (made) by 2xl as well? Either way, I have to get me another pair.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yruluis View Post
So.... are the skullcandy's related (made) by 2xl as well? Either way, I have to get me another pair.
Since both come from the same address, I'd say that's a safe bet.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

yruluis,
Skull candy is not very good, why not try other phones in the same price range that are better than the skull’s? For example: the marshmallow’s or JVC HA-FX66 air cushion’s.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-07-2008, 02:57 AM

@hulksmashnow

thanks man, i will b buying them tomorrow

@dfkt

thanks for the link..

Tags
earbud, earphone, headphone, iem