android
Old 03-31-2008, 04:00 AM

Thanks for the tips.

I'm going to try out the Sennheiser PMX 60 for cycling/gym.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-29-2008, 12:02 PM

What do people think about the Philips SHL9500?

I really like mine but I'm not expert!

Old 04-29-2008, 12:56 PM

How would you compare Creative EP-630 and Sennheiser PX 100 SQ-wise? Is the PX100 worth the extra cash?

Old 04-29-2008, 01:08 PM

You really can't compare those two at all. The EP-630 is an isolating in-ear phone with lots of bass and the PX-100 is an open headphone with nice balanced, precise sound. Depends on what you need, but this is really apples vs. oranges. Anyway, the PX-100 certainly sounds better in general.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:14 PM

So, putting aside my design preferences, it comes to whether I prefer heavier bass (EP-630) or more balanced sound stage (PX100)?

Old 04-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Personally I can't put aside the design differences. I would use the EP-630 (if I had a pair), but wouldn't use the PX-100 (so why would I buy them).

But that's me, not you.

Steve

Old 05-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

There are at least two problems with the above list.

JVC HA-FX55 are canalphones (or in-ears) but they are NOT labelled "GUMY" by JVC. The earbuds that are labelled GUMY are code HA-F130.

Secondly, the Yuin PK1/PK2/PK3 are not listed as earbuds of choice. Sorry I forgot which of the three is the inexpensive one, as I'm not an earbud fan.

Steve

Old 05-16-2008, 08:53 AM

The cheapest Yuin starts at $70, so it doesn't really apply for this list of sub-$30 phones.

The FX55 are indeed called "Gumy" as well, at least in the Asian market. I know, it's quite confusing, having the same "nickname" as the F130. Here's the official Japanese site about the "FX55 Gumy": http://www.jvc-victor.co.jp/press/2005/hp-fx55.html

Old 05-21-2008, 12:13 PM

check this site:
www.dbe-acoustics.com
i have a dbe-02. seems like it's a worth rebranding from mylarone xb. same quality, but cheaper (about $24).

Old 05-21-2008, 12:20 PM

The Mylarones are actually rebranded OVC/Ocvaco phones, with tweaked drivers. So I assume these DBE phones use different drivers than the Mylarones, probably the stock OVC drivers.

The DBE PR20 are also rebranded OVC phones.

It doesn't seem that DBE does international shipping, only local sales in Indonesia?

Old 05-27-2008, 01:27 PM

I just bought AKG K314 today.. and I am very plased!
I am not an audiophile, so my opinion will be subjective. I own a few pairs of headphones - and these are the best so far. Very good clarity and bass(its not disturbingly strong).
So i can recommend them!

Old 06-14-2008, 07:14 PM

Yesterday I bought JVC FX66 in red to replace the earbuds that came with my Clip. The JVCs are so much better. They have more realistic bass and warmer sound, feel comfortable in my ears (the Clip ones were painful), stay in securely, and look great with my red Clip.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:34 AM

I'm rolling with the JVC Marshmallows in black and silver and love them! They stay in my ear better than other things I've tried.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncomfort View Post
I'm rolling with the JVC Marshmallows in black and silver and love them! They stay in my ear better than other things I've tried.
Which marshmallows are they?

proud mac user

Old 06-25-2008, 11:34 AM

I've tried a bunch of different headphones, but for some reason I just end up going back to Sony's MDRE828LP. For under $20 earbuds they are pretty darn good in terms of sq.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:09 PM

I've tried several types of buds. I started with some junk buds I picked up for $5, extremely horrible sound quality, uncomfortable, and useless. That was before I started getting into music and cared about the sound.

I then picked up some $30 Panasonic buds, I can't remember exactly what they were called, but I quite liked them, nice full bass, comfortable, and they canceled quite a bit of background noise.

those got chewed up by my dog, so I went back to the store looking for a cheaper set, so that if those got damaged it wouldn't be as much of a loss.

I picked up these SkullCandy Ink'd buds

they have a nice sound (better then the Panasonic buds I tried) and are cheaper than most buds, mine were $15 at Target, I was quite impressed with them.

the Panasonic buds also leaked quite a bit of sound, so if you were listening to music the person sitting next to you could hear your music as wel, these don't leak and cancel quite a bit of the background noise as well.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Spirit View Post
I picked up these SkullCandy Ink'd buds

they have a nice sound (better then the Panasonic buds I tried) and are cheaper than most buds, mine were $15 at Target, I was quite impressed with them.

the Panasonic buds also leaked quite a bit of sound, so if you were listening to music the person sitting next to you could hear your music as wel, these don't leak and cancel quite a bit of the background noise as well.
Lol most people consider SkullCandy more as a fashion accessory. The SQ is trash, which is probably the reason why it's not in the list. I would go with the Marshmallows or the CX300's if I were you.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:46 AM

Sony ED12LP: A bit like the EX series, cheaper design, sound is nice, about $25.
Sony E10LP: Comes in colors, plastic tube can be used to store them, good sound-cam be had for under $10 if on sale at a store.
Philips SHE3601Great lanyard type earphones-powerful bass. Under $20.
Sony MDR-E737, MDR-E818 & E829VThe first two are quite nice sounding-under $15, perhaps, latter has a carry case and inline volume control-under $20.
Sennheiser MXL51-pick of the 7 earphones I always like to use, comes with pouch, extension cord, sounds amazing-under $40.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclestu View Post
Good forums here. Didn't see this listed in this thread: if you like the Koss KSC75's, but prefer a light headphone instead of something that clips onto your ear, the Koss KTXPRO1's have the same drivers as the 75's. Yup, it's true. And you can often find them on sale cheap too.
Also the same drivers as the Porta-Pros!..Yes, really.

I've ben using those for over 20 years now in many different forms...from the old top of the line Rat Shack Novas (52, 63, ect) back in the '80s to Koss "Titaniums"..I could go on and on as there have been too many to remember..all outstanding as they have the same drivers in them.

I've tried so many different cans form hi-end Sennheisers and Grados, to JVCs, Sonys...you name it and I always go right back to the old reliable Koss Pora-Pros or their close relatives. They've been around for 20+ years for a good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I bought some Marshmallows from the store the other day for use when I am likely to break them (running, exercising, etc) because everyone seems to think they're decent for the money.

They're not decent for any money. They have no isolation and no sound quality whatsoever. The mids are so recessed that I could hardly hear lyrics.

Not to flame, but I was seriously disappointed.
I couldn't agree with you more...they're awful.

Last edited by Drive-In-Freak; 07-28-2008 at 12:47 AM.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:07 AM

I disagree-the marshmallows have foam eartips, which provide a better fit than sillcone and SQ is fine for me.

Tags
earbud, earphone, headphone, iem