android
Old 03-24-2015, 04:39 AM

Default Over-Ear Closed Headphones

• Budget: €100-150-200(if really good)
  • Category: Full Size over ear Headphones
  • Closed Style (full size headphones): I want to be able to listen to fairly loud music w/o disturbing other people on the train/bus.
  • Primary location of use: Indoor/on the go - if combinable - perfect, if not, then just ones that work well while commuting/strolling.
  • Preferable SQ or Sound Signature: That's the hard part. I don't know. I listen to so many different kinds of music. I'd like to hear the piano in a classic concert, headbang to a good rock/metal and wub wub to some d&b. The glossary was a bit confusing for me but I'll give it another try later and edit the post.
  • Media: I am, sadly, very indecisive. As I mentioned: I like the wub the piano and the rock guitars all the same.
  • Source: Portable Player, either the Sony A17 or the Cowon J3

Last edited by TehPenguin; 03-24-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-24-2015, 06:36 AM

I have the Audio-Technica ATH-M50s, which has a straight cable. It is also available in a version with a coiled cable: http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/he...f909675b1be4d/. Other versions in different colours might still be available. The Audio-Technica ATH-M50x is said to be similar to the Audio-Technica ATH-M50. This headphone is also available in different versions: http://www.audio-technica.com/cgi-bi...nitor&lang=eng.

I also have the Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Limited Edition 32 Ohms. But it is said to be similar to the Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 32 Ohms. http://north-america.beyerdynamic.co...ro-32-ohm.html. It might be a bit above your budget, but I only mention it in case you can find it on special.

I find the Audio-Technica ATH-M50s and Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Limited Edition 32 Ohms sensitive enough for use with low-voltage devices like MP3 players.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 PM

Thanks for your input!
Yeah, heard a lot about the Beyerdynamic but the ATH-MH50x looks really tempting too, and they both cost around 140 Euros which is perfect. I'm still waiting for my friend to check if he can get the Sennheiser's Momentum any cheaper and then I'll have to decide between these three. Thanks again!

Old 03-30-2015, 01:45 AM

I bought the ATH-M50x and I am LOVING the interchangeable cable. The Sound's great and the closed design is working wonders - I can listen as loud as I want to and my friend that was sitting next to me didn't notice it until I took them off. Thank you for the recommendation!

Old 04-01-2015, 08:54 AM

I just bought a pair of Plantronics Backbeat Pro (***link to commercial site removed***). It sounds amazing, it also has mic, so I also use it as my iPhone headset[. I use it mainly for music. Better sound than my DRE Beats!

Last edited by skip252; 04-01-2015 at 09:20 AM. Reason: link to commercial site removed, people can find them using the name