android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 05-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxworthy21 View Post
hi guys I'm new here and just received my Senheisser CX 300-B from my sister. I couldn't order these since I'm located in Taiwan for work at the moment so I had my sister order one for me. I suggested her to order them from the US Applestore online.

The box itself is the new package version as pictured upbove that takes awhile to open lol. However I noticed the L jack has changed to a much more slimmer L shape.

(sorry for the blurry picture)

can anyone who recently ordered from the Applestore or has the new CX300's from the new package design confirm this? As for the quality... well its my first inner canal earphones and they are defiantly better than my default ipod ones but so far the "In your face bass boost" I have yet to experience. Perhaps I'm wearing them wrong?

Right now I'm letting it "breaking in" leaving it on with my ipod to see if things sounds better later on.

Hope someone can clear this up. Thanks.
Yepp, my new CX300's (I had to send them for RMA) L-plug looks like yours.
I think it's because the damn iPhone/iPod Touch too.

My Last.fm

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-07-2008, 05:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

A.z, it is only the iPhone that caused the L-plugs to go that way.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Darn iPhone!

My Last.fm

Old 07-26-2008, 06:06 PM

Help Is my Sennheiser CX300 a fake?

I recently bought these white CX300 earbuds on eBay (i know i know), from a seller with around 106 feedbacks and 100% positive who resides in the U.S.

The auction said that I CAN return it...(not planning too even if its a fake, they aren't bad even if they are fake) and in the end I bought it for around 14 dollars US.

When I received them, it came in a retail box that seems authentic. Everything seemed alright to me.

Though, after I got out the earbuds, I felt that they were kind of...cheap? I don't know, I just didn't get the impression that these were actually work ~50$ in the big stores.

I went online and researched about it, and found out that not only were they supposed to have a cheap feel to it, but there are also MANY counterfeits of them.

So, I would like to ask for everyone's opinion about whether mine are fake or real.

(I've already seen many pictures comparing the real and fake ones...but I'm not entirely convinced on my earbuds being either of them )

Color seems as if it was left out in the sun for a while? Pixels of the guy don't really seem THAT picture perfect also, but maybe I'm just too picky.

Top part. (It was HARD trying to open the package.)

The back.

The plastic case inside. The middle size earpiece was on the headphones at first.

The squishy earpiece ^^

This is what troubled me because this wasn't mentioned in the other forums about this topic. On all the earpieces, there is a white line (the line is further away from the tip) that is rather conspicuous (maybe not in this photo, but in real life). From far away, I can't really see it. But if I were to hold it up in front of me, I could.

The middle "fatter" cord is quite flexible. The "L" and "R" aren't bold, so that's a relief.

Another thing that troubled me. I know that the line shouldn't be centered and instead be closer to the earbud, but in the same article that I found, it also mentioned that the ring should be a bit metallic looking and shiny? Maybe my eyesight is bad, but it looks more plastic to me than metallic.

"L" shaped plug with a silver coating. A relief.

No I did not make it yellow. Seriously.

The side.

The lengths of the cord are all approx. the right length according the the Sennheiser website, so I'm not gonna bother uploading them.

Also, I read in another artible that on the bottom of the package should be a batch number?? (Some sort of sticker I guess) Yeah...mine doesn't have one...

The sound quality is pretty good, but not as good as I expected. Then again, I don't have a 100% genuine one to compare, so maybe that is just how it is.

As for the bass, I really have NO IDEA how to tell.

Comments? Suggestions? More pics?

Thanks in advance you guys!

Old 07-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Look like old stock (new ones have an "iPhone compatible" plug), but otherwise they seem genuine.

Here's pics of mine, same older version as yours: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...2&postcount=51

Old 07-26-2008, 06:27 PM

i just know i got mine from newegg a week ago... no yellow in the grate area. my plug is thinner sleeker iphone compatible. i dunno why people complain about the iphone plug, the build quality is pretty nice. perhaps the groove on the metal trim is deeper on mine, but its hard to tell if its just picture angle.

as for bass, using the right tips is important for mid canal type. i had to use larger tip than normal since is sorta fits like a normal bud but requires a certain amount of seal. they aren't designed to easily cram deep into the ear so if you use the smaller tips and try you won't get the right seal and bass will suffer

of course buying from ebay...dubious. the newegg deal was good but the rebate period runs out by the end of the month so its too late now. picture of the guy on my package were picture perfect. so i'm guessing possibly u might have bought a fake.

Last edited by frimframsauce; 07-26-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:41 PM

-is still unsure-

the printed logo on the earbud is non-reflective unlike the real one dfkt's link...or maybe it's because the white one is different?

-sigh-

Old 07-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I can't tell much more from your crappy pics, but for me they certainly look legit. Try to make some better quality macro photos, that would help.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

From what I see, they look real, but better macro photos would help a lot tho.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:09 PM

unfortunately...i don't have a camera at the moment D:

i can only change the angles, focus, and retake the pictures with my webcam if that would help...

These are the pictures i retook on the buy printed in the front:

(I feel like a stalker)

I tried to focus the cam as much as I could since it was so close...

Hopefully...this helped a bit...?

o-O

EDIT: I think...I also hear the increase in bass compared the the basic earbuds that came along with the Zune I bought...I can hear a lot of the lower sounds and more "thumps"...or maybe this is all because the CX300 are inside your ear...???

Last edited by CrimsonRain; 07-26-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:42 PM

seems senn rebate extended to sept 30
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...251774109_.pdf
newegg probably still in stock.

as for the pic, no scanner?

Old 07-26-2008, 09:47 PM

ok tiny pic site host raped my image....the weird artifact pattern is their fault.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:49 PM

http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?im...ckagingcn3.jpg

stupid image shack won't let me embed but atleast they didn't rape my image with more compression

Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 AM

I just bought CX300 Headphones from the ebay seller he claims they are real:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-New-Sennheiser-CX-300-headphones-UK-CX300_W0QQitemZ260274682510QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m260274682510&_trkparms=72%3A640|39%3A1|66%3A2|65% 3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Can someone confirm this

Thanks again!!!

Old 09-01-2008, 12:53 AM

So I just received my CX300b ear phones from Amazon a couple of days ago. I bought my wife a pair from CC almost 2 years ago, and am noticing some differences. The plug size has already been covered, so thats fine. However, the cords are totally different material. My wife's pair, despite heavy use, are just as straight as ever when laid out. The material is very resistant to bends and kinks and quite nice. It honestly looks immaculate despite the fact she doesn't really take care of them .

The new cords on the new pair, direct from Amazon, feel thinner and straight out of the box have kinks in them. You can run your hand along it and feel that material is simply different. The cord just likes to ball up on itself, where as the old pair is pretty resistant.

There are small differences as well, the cords (all 3 sections) are slightly shorter, and the rubber protector at the y-split has 2 dots instead 1 of one.

Last but not least, they don't sound the same. I need to mess with them more, probably break them in, but they simply aren't carrying the same range as my wife's. Its not that they are bad, they are just lacking in comparison.

Anyone heard anything about the material change on the cord? That has me the most concerned that Amazon sold me a fake (which I know is unlikely).

Old 10-03-2008, 03:35 AM

Default CX-300 from amazon.co.uk

Hi everyone,
I'm planning to buy CX-300s but I'm afraid I might get a fake ones. Are the ones sold directly by amazon.co.uk (not marketplace stuff) genuine or could they be fake?

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-C...3018829&sr=8-1

Are there any comparable in-ear canal headphones in that price range I might consider?

Thanks

Old 10-03-2008, 04:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If you do not get them off the marketplace, you are most likely safe.

From someone that I talk on IRC that had the CX300, he says the JVC FX66s are better IEMs.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

IMO, they are both a good set up from included ear buds for someone with interest to test. It gives the person the opportunity to experience the difference in isolation, comfort and sound reproduction under a seal vs open environment at a relatively low price. For me the cx300s didn’t cut the mustard in active outdoor activities, but they certainly helped me move to the next level and I still own a pair … Although once you take the next several steps up the chain of quality in the iem market, you’ll wonder what you ever saw in some of the iem’s that you’ve owned

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-04-2008, 04:55 AM

Default CX-300 from amazon.co.uk

Huh, it seems amazon.co.uk is selling CX-300s through their "preferred merchant". For CX-300s they say:

"Items for dispatch to UK will be sold by Amazon's Preferred Merchant."

What's this preferred merchant stuff? I'm not sure, but I think they sold it themselves few days ago.

This fake/real CX-300s story is starting to be a little tiring. I'm even considering spending a lot more money for Etymotic ER-6i or Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 as I haven't heard there are fake ones around (though it doesn't mean there aren't).

Old 10-04-2008, 05:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

After looking again, I am not sure which to get them from. I think you might have look at your next pick that you have mind then.

Tags
cx300, fake, sennheiser