android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 05-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Banned

They look just like mine ananth- I can't see any difference. I got mine a year ago from a shop, they came in a hard plastic pack that was really hard to open.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-09-2009, 03:06 PM

Cheers Dreamnine!

Old 05-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Logo looks real, mesh looks real, but not recessed enough (maybe it's the pic angle).... I dunno, but seems they're the real deal.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:28 PM

thanks dfkt,from what I can see the mesh is recessed within the black tube..from what you and Dreamnine have said so far, I think I may have the originals...

Am still breaking them in, but the bass seems pronounced, mids are a bit weak and the treble sounds good, isolation is good(still undecided between the medium and large tips, I dont hear any popping to close though).

Last edited by ananth; 05-10-2009 at 07:32 AM.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:10 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX3...3%3A1|294%3A50
Those seem real to you guys..? The packaging seems ok I guess but without seeing the actual headphones it's not too easy to tell...

Old 05-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX3...3%3A1|294%3A50
Those seem real to you guys..? The packaging seems ok I guess but without seeing the actual headphones it's not too easy to tell...
My bet would be fake, many are fooled by the great fake packaging out there and most CX300's on ebay are fake, at that price I'm fairly sure they're not real.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 05-24-2009, 06:37 PM

Thing is the majority of CX300 on British ebay seem to be that cheap :s
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...All-Categories

Old 05-26-2009, 07:10 AM

Default Not sure

Hi i have recently purchased some CX300's of ebay. Now i am not totally sure if the ya real or not. I have followed the guide on this website so far. The right cable seems to be approximately 50cm, give or take half a cm. The Jack is the old style plug. The metal rings around the headphones come of quite easily to take them apart. I have posted a picture below of what mine look inside. The mesh is not recessed behind the plastic and sticks out slightly. I have attached pictures. Also the packaging seems legit but did not have a validation sticker on it. Any help determining if these are real or not would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about some of the quality of the pics.

Thanks

Old 05-29-2009, 11:08 AM

Hello. I would like to ask for a help. Could you tell me, can i trust this seller on ebay? Is this Sennheiser Cx300's fake or not. This is hard to me to decide. thanks a lot for those who will help. here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/Sennheiser-CX300...ayphotohosting

Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 AM

bump

Old 06-08-2009, 11:09 AM

I remember reading this thread when I first bought my CX300s some 18 months ago. Unfortunately my left earpiece has stopped making noise and my receipt has been lost like 4evah, so Sennheiser won't replace them under warranty. They also say these particular earphones can't be repaired [by them].

So now I effectively have nothing to lose by opening the left earpiece and attempting a repair myself (it's probably just a case of resoldering.)

The only problem I seem to have is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to prize the damn thing apart.

Any hints gratefully received.

Thank you

-- edit --
Rockeet - from reading the basics of the thread, yours look authentic to me. Clean logo, right-angle plug.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:11 PM

I bought some CX-300's off of eBay a couple of years ago and they still work after throwing them down many many times. According to this thread, they are real. I don't think that I will get another pair from eBay however after reading about all the scammers, unless I can verify they are real first.
Wish List: SanDisk Sansa e280 v1 (to be Rockboxed) & 16GB micro SDHC card (for use with my Sennheiser CX-300's) & DLO Action Jacket and/or Cowon D2 16GB w/32GB SDHC card & JAVOSkin + JAVOedge Ultra-Clear JAVOScreen

Old 07-16-2009, 09:28 AM

Default Bought CX300 from eBay and now I regret it. Are these fakes or not?

Hello guys!

I wish I had read this forum before my purchase.

Bought CX300 (German eBay, seller located in Germany, 100% positive feedback, nickname: asaxy) for 18 euros (free shipping). Next day, I found out accidently that mainly all CX300s are fakes on eBay. I started to read all the possible guides how to spot fakes and learned a lot. Today I received my earphones. I decided to not to open the package and asked seller to return my money (this seller gives you 7 days to think). Let's see what happends.

However, I took some high quality pictures - and I'm pretty sure, even without opening the package - these are fake.

I hope you can confirm me on that and it's not paranoia

The package is slightly different from the one at CX instructions on Sennheiser site.

I'm sorry there will be no thumbnails, but you can see (HQ) pictures by clicking on these links below:

1. First look at the packege gives you a good impression. This retail box was in a "reseable cover" (plastic), which I removed.
2. The back side of the package looks pretty good, too.

According to some guides, authentic retail boxes have genuine product number (a sticker). My box doesn't have one. After taking a quick look on the package, I started to look after some printing errors and inaccuracies caused by scanning.

3. For some reason, I don't like the priting quality of these three circles on the backside. If you look closely, even some letters have a suspicious shade. I find these pictures poorly printing.
4. The front side is not perfect either. Ear-Fit-Rings text is not very sharp.
5. OK, what comes to earbuds, I'm a bit confused. I'm not sure where the line should be (not centered, I guess). This one is closer to earbud, but I'd like to get a confirmation from owners of the original earbuds, that this one is a real deal. The earbud doesn't have a "shiny" polish as I have seen on some of the pictures. It's matte.
6. The logo. I have seen on so many pictures that the line, which is around the letter "S" is usually much closer to the letter than on this one. If you take a closer look on that picture again, you can see that paint of the logo (leftt top corner) has spread a little bit (a line). It's not a shadow.
7. Back to the package again. Does it fullfill Sennheiser's QC - I don't know. But you can see from these pictures that corners and sides are not attached very well: picture 1, picture 2, picture 3.

OK, please, let me know what you think of my observations.

Last edited by Kuuloke; 07-17-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for your addition to this thread. The Sennheiser logo on the back of your phone looks rather fake to me - wrong edges, wrong spaces, wrong thickness. Like here, real vs. fake.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
The Sennheiser logo on the back of your phone looks rather fake to me - wrong edges, wrong spaces, wrong thickness. Like here, real vs. fake.
Thanks - I don't have any doubts about it anymore.

The whole case is a bit weird.

I decided to return the item and informed the seller. Of course, I wrote the address which was on the envelope when I got these fakes. The seller contacted me back and told, that I can send it to another address, to his customer, as he "has already sold the item to him". Humm. I replyed and told him, that I will return it to seller only. I opened a dispute on PayPal. The curious thing is, that I'm dealing with three different names now. There's a name I had on the envelope (Dazhar A.), the one replying me on eBay (Adil M.), and another one replying me on Pay Pal (Matin M.). Interesting.

Today I'm sending the item back. Let's see what happens next. I'll let you know.

Also I bought Soundwise T4 instead of Sennheiser. I hope these are good.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:51 PM

ha i just got ripped off with a pair of fake Motorola S9

Old 07-23-2009, 05:38 AM

So,

today I got my money back. Right now he's not selling anything. Respect to PayPal's Resolution Centre - seems to work quite well.

Don't buy fraud from eBay, pals!

Old 07-25-2009, 12:11 AM

I just recently bought a cx500 and got scammed. T.T

I'm planning to get a sennheiser cx300 earpiece which is original. Can you guys help me see if this is real of fake? The price is oddly at S$40. o.O. Good thing is he has a return policy for the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Original-Senn...3%3A1|294%3A50

Old 07-29-2009, 10:11 PM

Hi All, slightly different model, ie PMS80 Sport II that I bought on ebay.

I asked the seller who said that the ones he sells are made for asian market so packaging is slightly different that what I will see in the stores here (in Australia). But he said the headphones are exactly the same.

Does this sound likely or sound like fakes on the way?

Old 07-30-2009, 09:06 AM

To clear misunderstandings of getting a fake, i would request the first post's pictures be taken down.

I'll explain why.

I've long been spectaculating the fakes CX series by sennheiser. And to my observation, these Fakes changes their patterns more and more to look even more like the genuine IEM.

The first post's pictures are totally outdated, i've gotten these fakes and they look halfway real, halfway fake with prices about half of the Recommanded Retail Price(RRP).

My point of taking the first post pictures down is that these fakes changes more and ever often, i'm afraid people who uses the pictures as comparisons to their CXs makes be mislead just because their looks more real.

And believe me, every flaw these fakes makes, when you point it out, they will go all out to recover it. Heck there's even fake IE8s and HD650s in the china market right now.

The only way to secure yours is Genuine is to purchase from Sennheiser's resellers or sennheiser themselves.
And don't fall for the word "Real", in logic terms, everything is real, be it fake or not, the word to use here is genuine.

Tags
cx300, fake, sennheiser