android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 11-22-2008, 04:31 AM

Well, your question was "is this real? Sennheiser CX300B" and all I said was, hard to tell from a pic, so it's best to check return policy and if/when you get dem, you'll know for sure. Other members have had fakes and returned for full purchase price. The packaging on the fakes is really good, but you can tell by looking at the posted pictures of the fake packaging. On the other hand if you're asking what I think of the cx300s, personally I don't like them. Although senheiser produces very good full size cans.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-22-2008, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeformoney View Post
I been reading through reviews and forums and most people give positive reviews for it.
I still use mine at least 3 times a week.

1 Way better than stock buds

2 Reasonable isolation, good enough for a commuter train.

3 Reasonable sound stage left to right, but not much front to back and a lowered head room

4 Recessed mids, especially vocals, grainy treble, especially cymbals, fat and slowish bass, more sub woofer than punchy stand mount or quality floor staning speakers...........and yet ok for me.

5 In my ears, wind whisltling noise through the semi open vent when worn outside, cable microphonics, especially foot fall on hard pavement

6 Very very comfortable.....I often fall asleep wearing them

7 Apart from the wind noise aspect, the dearer CX500 fixes these points and also ships with bi flanged silcone tips. My youngest son has the CX500s and I have done direct comparisons

edit, and as WalkGood will tell you.....I have been looking for something better now for over a year

Old 11-22-2008, 04:56 AM

[QUOTE=Aardvark;301773] ... ... and yet ok for me. ... ...

o_O

I’m confused; with your passion for sq you deserve higher quality

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-22-2008, 10:02 AM

Seller guaranteed they were from sennheiser, said if they weren't real I could return them and I'd get full purchase price back.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:22 AM

I don't understand how IEM's can be uncomfortable for some people. I can't wear earbuds at all after buying cx300's, and they provide way better sound quality than any earbuds I've tried. I've been trying to get my friend to get a pair but he reckon he has tried several pairs before and they were really uncomfortable :s Earbuds just weren't made for comfort IMO

Old 11-25-2008, 07:55 AM

This forum gives people the false impression that the can spot the difference between a real and fake product. When a product becomes popular people quickly imatate. This can be companies bringing out there own version. It also means companies producing a product designed to fool the consumer(fake/counterfit). The factories producing the fake products only goal is to make you think the product you buy is genuine, atthe time of purchase. 99% of their effort goes into image and 1st impressions. They don't really care what happens after you have parted with your cash. The market for Sennheiser Cx300 is huge thus the rewards for counterfiters is huge. There is real incentive to produce a confincing article. You will actually find that some fakes are not too bad while others sound appaling. 99% will look the part though, with every little detailed replicated. You do get bad copies with poor spelling and bad labels but you also get spot on copies, including perfect packaging. Also with a large production model like the CX300 there can be quality fluctuations. For example Senheiser may cut corners to produce a cut price version for supermarkets or for the like of Amazon. Its still licenced but there is noticable difference in sound.

If you buy a pair of earphones and you like the sound, and they last this is what counts? I have stopped buying from the larger brand products because there is now so many small companies putting there name behind quality products. Small companies don't get targered by counterfiters as there is more money in large brands. Some notable example of small high quality brands are Soundwise, Cresyn(who make for Sony,JVC and Panasonic), istuff, Klipsch and WeSC.

If you like the style of the cx300 but want for less than £20 then look at Soundwise T4 or the iStuff 808. Going by the product spec the T4 is actually better than the CX300 and the istuff 808 is really close.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:16 AM

Default Found interesting article compairing real and fake earphones

http://fakeheadphones.com/fake-cx300...se-t4/11/2008/

This articel looks really interesting.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:12 PM

are these real?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=160306741763

Old 02-09-2009, 07:37 PM

Does someone know if the ones at Amazon are genuine ones??

Old 02-16-2009, 06:19 AM

Hey all,
I just followed almost al the thread, but
Still couldn't figure totally if the one I bought are fake or original.
I will be more than glad if any have you could assist me to decide.
I bought those headphones on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270337896765

They got in the same box(original?) as at the auction he listed.

And This Are My Photos, I took many as possible to help you guys to see clearly, and hopefully this will help others and me too in both cases - to study which are fake or real.
Anyway every help will be appreciated, Thanks In Advanced!

Last edited by zapzap; 02-16-2009 at 06:57 AM.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:03 AM

This looks like an original 1st-generation CX300 to me... looks the same as mine in most ways, shapes, rounded corners, the logo, etc. Only the aluminum ring is slightly different and the mesh seems to be less fine woven. Wonder where the seller got these old models from? The new ones have different, "iPhone-compatible" plugs.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
This looks like an original 1st-generation CX300 to me... looks the same as mine in most ways, shapes, rounded corners, the logo, etc. Only the aluminum ring is slightly different and the mesh seems to be less fine woven. Wonder where the seller got these old models from? The new ones have different, "iPhone-compatible" plugs.
Yeah exactly what I thought, that's way I kinda suspect in they originality.
Also, Besides they are perfect fit and comfortable - in the case of hearing - I think I expected more than that, I don't know - I use them for my Apple Ipod - as I thought it will be perfect combination.
So you believe they are real?
Perhaps they are factory rejected?
the guy had only 20 pieces to sell.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:01 AM

I've recently purchased this CX 500. Please tell me if it's a fake or not

Old 05-04-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
Ill bet the fakes sound good!!!
I bought some CX500's that I am confident were knockoffs because of the price.....BUT they have a sound that is far beyond my needs or expectations. I am betting they are better than most earbuds costing far more.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastan View Post
I've recently purchased this CX 500. Please tell me if it's a fake or not
I have a set of these that I bought for $25 and they are great..I have no regret...Je ne rien regrete

Old 05-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

i find that the most effective way to check if the headphones are real is to check the grill of the speaker. if the grill is actually a metal mesh, then it is real. if its just a perforated sheet of metal, then it's fake.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
i find that the most effective way to check if the headphones are real is to check the grill of the speaker. if the grill is actually a metal mesh, then it is real. if its just a perforated sheet of metal, then it's fake.
Yes, I totally agree.

I made a guide to show how my CX 300's are fake:

Old 05-09-2009, 08:18 AM

Thanks for posting those potos, Dewey. Added a link to the first post in this thread.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:05 AM

Heres the link on amazon.co.uk from where I purchased my set, am confused cos it came in cardboard packaging, length of right was 50cm, the earpiece has a mesh(doesnt look like random holes), I havent dissected the earbuds , but the connector but has 2 dots on it. The L-connector is slimmer and rounded(I'll post some pics soon). ugh.. I hate the effing fake manufacturers who put me on edge..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-E...1881369&sr=8-1

Old 05-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Default Real or fake?? :(

Mesh

Mesh Closeup

Logo

Connector

Jack

Wires

Have a look and let me know if my 18 quid are down the drain

Tags
cx300, fake, sennheiser