android
Old 01-20-2007, 06:28 AM

Default Can Rockbox do it?!

Hello out there.
I am really thinking of buying a SanDisk e-Player ... but when I looked at it at the stores it didn't seem that you can search for files. I was wondering if you can do it with Rockbox.
And another thing. I like to listen to all my files in shuffle mode. Is it possible to search a file and play it (directly and/or as the next song) without stopping the shuffle mode? I had a Sony for a few day. It just offered a search for the first letter (i didnt even support directories :/) unluckly it just played the songs from that band or album when looking by artist/album.

I hope you were able to understand my questions. If Rockbox offers this possibilities I am quite sure what player to buy =)

Thanks

Henning

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-20-2007, 12:44 PM

At this point Rockbox doesnt even make sound on the Sansa, so its pretty much a moot point until that works.

Old 01-20-2007, 09:56 PM

Another company has joined in on helping with Rockbox for the E200, so it shouldn't be too long now....

Old 01-21-2007, 08:12 AM

yes. rockbox CAN do both of those things. I have it on my iriver h10 and there the shuffle, repeat, and playlist features are the best I have ever heard of. Although rockbox is not quite ready for the sansa, Im sure It will be worth the wait. And for everyone asking "how long? how long?" I give the same answer everyone else gives. It will be ready when its ready. I would guess within very few months.. but again just a guess