android
Old 01-16-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Battery Cover for Zen Nano

Hello,

I have a 1 GB Zen Nano Plus, but I accidentally dropped it and the battery cover's tab broke off. I still had my old broken 512 MB Zen Nano, so I used its batter cover on my Zen Nano Plus... at least until the tab on that battery cover also broke - and all I was doing was changing the battery!! Talk about fragile!!

Anyhow, does anyone know where I can buy a spare battery cover? I know that iRiver sells spare battery covers for their T30 MP3 player, but I couldn't find anything similar for the Zen Nano on Creative's website.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2007, 08:08 AM

The same thing happened to mine, buddy. It seems like those battery covers are notoriously terrible...

Old 01-17-2007, 11:37 PM

OK I e-mailed Creative Customer Service through their website, and they referred me to their toll-free 800 number. I called them and ordered a pair of lime green battery covers for $4.99 each, plus around $5.00 for shipping. Unfortunately the only other colors they had were red, pink, and white. I thought lime green would go best with my dark blue Zen Nano Plus.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:45 PM

Really? I have a red Nano Plus, so I might be interested...how can I order?

Old 01-18-2007, 06:07 PM

Call 1-800-998-1000 and tell the customer service agent that you'd like to order a new battery cover for your Zen Nano. They'll tell you which colors they have in stock... I believe they have several red ones left. Since they charge around $5.00 or so for shipping, I decided to order two battery covers, since I wouldn't be surprised if one of them breaks within the next few months or so. My shipment will arrive via USPS. Good luck!

Old 02-27-2007, 12:04 PM

Grrrr... so one of the two battery covers I bought already broke... the tab broke off, that is. I was merely lifting my Zen Nano Plus from my desk to turn it on, but it slipped from my hand and fell several inches to the desk's formica surface. The battery cover was displaced and its tab broke off in the process.

Fortunately I have another battery cover, but the cheapness of the design is inexcusable!

Old 04-05-2007, 10:11 PM

Sounds like you have butter fingers.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:32 PM

Not only do I have butterfingers, apparently I'm also absent-minded... I misplaced the 2nd battery cover that was included in that order! The first battery cover is currently being held in place with scotch tape. Oh well, I'll keep using my Zen Nano as long as it continues to work!!

Old 06-19-2007, 04:22 AM

Both the N200 and the Nano plus has notoriously bad battery lids. Out of the four players I've had not one has had a lid lasting very long. I've gotten new ones from Creative (under warranty) but I stopped bothering seeing that they will break as well.

The build quality is quite bad on these players, but (at the time of purchase) was reasonably priced, small and with a decent feature set.

The Muvo2 doesn't share this flaw, we've had one for ages with the original battery lid.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmmm. I've always kept my N200 inside the silicone sleeve that came with it, so never had to worry about losing the battery lid. I do agree that its lid is really flimsy though.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:54 PM

Heh..mine broke just changing the battery as well...happy to know now that it wasn't entirely my fault.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:10 PM

Default Zen Nano Plus Battery Cover

If you arre in Australia -send a $5-00 cheque
to the address below....
Tell them the model of your player and the colour and they will
send you one.
Exact same thing happened to me.
Got a new one in a week. Cool....
Goo Luck

Creative Labs Pty Ltd
Creative Labs at Unit 31,
11-21 Underwood Road,
Homebush 2140, NSW

Old 04-23-2008, 10:24 AM

Mine broke too, but I just use the flex case to hold it on!

proud mac user

Old 05-06-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHQ View Post
Not only do I have butterfingers, apparently I'm also absent-minded... I misplaced the 2nd battery cover that was included in that order! The first battery cover is currently being held in place with scotch tape. Oh well, I'll keep using my Zen Nano as long as it continues to work!!
I have had a total of 3 battery covers under warranty, all have broken far too easily. Eventually I have given up and now I use the scotch tape method.

If you fold one end of the scotch tape over, it makes it much easier to change the battery - and it will last a few changes!

Dave

Old 06-28-2008, 04:30 PM

yeah mine broke, but if you use that silicone case that comes with it you'll be fine.

actually i don't always even use that. the battery still stays in.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:14 AM

The cover broke on all 3 of mine. That's what duct tape is for. Works great. No kidding.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Duct tape comes in many different colors too. But $5 isn't bad for those wanting a real replacement.

Great duct tape fact - when doubled over onto itself can pull a 2000 lb. car out of a ditch and has the distinct benefit of not requiring any other tools to cut it; you just rip it with your bare hands.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Banned

Hi, my battery cover didnt break but didn't go back on properley so did without and I have done ever since

Got new Zen for christmas though.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James93 View Post
Hi, my battery cover didnt break but didn't go back on properley so did without and I have done ever since
Didn't break, but wouldn't go back on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James93 View Post
Got new Zen for christmas though.
Congrats!

Zen FAQ

Old 01-23-2009, 03:44 AM
Banned

Yeah, it wouldnt slide back on properly for some reason, either that orits just me