android
Old 01-16-2007, 02:35 AM

Default e130 volume problem and win98 driver help

Hey all

First of all, let me say that your e130 will work with windows 98SE. I know that Sandisk says that is not the case, that it is designed for 2000 and XP only. I have found a driver that will allow you to add the device as a USB Mass Storage device. Actually, this driver works on a lot of those USB drives when you cannot or do not have time to locate the correct one. It is actually a Centon USB drive driver. Install the driver, reboot, plug in the sansa and then manually add the driver as the brand Prolific and USB Mass Storage Device. It will recognize the hardware and reboot and give you a generic USB drive to add your files to.

You can find it here, it is called CentonUSB2DS3A_w98:
http://www.centon.com/support/downloads/usb_flash/

So my question is, does anyone know how to fix the volume problem on this Sansa? I didnt have the problem until awhile after i did the firmware update, and the volume started working sporadically and its hard to navigate the thumbwheel menus now.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2007, 02:43 PM

I got inspired last night and disassembled the Sansa, and noticed that the scroll wheel is just a circular switch. I cleaned it with electronic cleaner carefully so as to not get the LCD tainted. It does seem to work a lot better now, instead of blasting me in the ear when i touch the wheel, it has more of a step.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:18 PM

I downloaded the driver and installed it and then rebooted. Now how do I manually add the driver as prolific usb mass storage device?

Old 03-22-2007, 11:10 AM

Default How to disassemble a e100 series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I got inspired last night and disassembled the Sansa, and noticed that the scroll wheel is just a circular switch. I cleaned it with electronic cleaner carefully so as to not get the LCD tainted. It does seem to work a lot better now, instead of blasting me in the ear when i touch the wheel, it has more of a step.
My e140 also has volume problems. How to disassemble a e100 series?
I see the 2 screws under the battery, but it seems like I'll have to pry something to open it. I'm not too excited about possibly breaking the case, so anything you can share would be greatly appreciated.