android
Old 01-15-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Z5 Still dead

Hey guys i posted a while ago about my YP z5F that dies after trying to install new firmware, still the same contacted Samsung Canada for help basically they said "we cant help you cause you didnt buy it in canada" bbiiigg help haha cant replace it either apparently. so im stuck here with a waste of money right now.

ITs all or nothing now, can anyone tell me if there is a way to wipe the memory on the YPZ5 internally, after opening it up and way i can sort of like, hard reset the player ?

Ive already opened it but cant really tell if there is a way to do it, funny enough there is space on the 4GB version for another memory module, perhaps they are holding out for a 8GB version or something ?

anyway, please let me know if any one knows anything. Already tried all the basics, reset, etc etc its frozen on the UPDATING screen no matter what i do.

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-15-2007, 02:55 PM

tried recovery mode yet?

Old 01-15-2007, 05:03 PM

no, i have not, how would i do that ?

Old 01-15-2007, 05:08 PM

Ah right well now atleast the pc sees it as a STMP3600 but i dont have any drivers for that ?

Any help there ?

Old 01-15-2007, 05:37 PM

to get to recovery mode i looked and apparently you have to hold down the select button right while plugging in to the pc. then i get STMP3600 and another road block

Old 01-15-2007, 06:21 PM

it should show up as a device in windows explorer. just drag & drop new firmware onto the device, then "safely remove" it & it should upgrade properly.
there might be more than that, but I had to do something similar when my last samsung died.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:12 PM

Hmm perhaps im doing the recovery mode wrong ? can you confirm it for me cause all its doing is detecting the Chip, do you think i need the actualy Samsung software on the PC ??

I havent put that on yet.

Right now its registering as an unknown device, needs drivers.

Thanks!

Old 01-16-2007, 04:05 AM

in Device Manager, right-click & Update Driver. Samsung prob won't provide drivers for it, just see if WinXP has its own drivers it can use.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:02 AM

tried that already, still nothing =/

Im still up for some kinda hard reset or something if anyone knows anything about it.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:47 PM

the reset button is a hard reset.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:58 PM

well still nothing man, any other ideas.

BTW thanks for all the help bigsavings =)

I meat a hardware way for resetting like a safemode or something. Samsung cant help so i really dunno where to turn, would suck if i had a 100+ Dollar bit of desk art haha cant even use it as a paper weight its too light.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:04 PM

Is anyone can tell me with more details how enter the recovery mode??
My Z5F is block on the update screen .

thks

Old 02-14-2007, 08:57 AM

Were you able to locate drivers for the STMP3600??

I'm dealing with the same issue with a Creative Zen V plus

Old 02-24-2007, 05:12 PM

Default broken samsung yp-z5f

I am having the same problem. i did a firmware update on my mp3 player and now it won't work. I did get windows to detect the hardware (stmp3600) by holding the select button when I plug in the USB, but it can't install the drivers for it, and like others I can't find them on the web.

Like another on this post I bought my player in Singapore but live in Canada. Both Samsung in Singapore and Canada refuse to assist me in any way. I just get generic responses from them and a refusal to do anything about it. I bought this piece of expensive desk art less than a month ago! You would think a global company would provide global support for their products!

So, has anybody found drivers for the stmp3600 chip yet?

Old 03-15-2007, 11:05 AM

I have the same problem with a yp-z5... I've written 4 times to Samsung and no answer!!! Their support is very bad! If someone find a solution, PLEASE post it!!!

Old 03-16-2007, 06:00 AM

Yesterday, I've managed to install the driver for STMP3600... I have Vista on my computer and I've connected the player, and select automaticaly install driver... The computer has connected to windows update and installed the driver. Now I have the player recognized as Player Recovery Device Class... From here I'm stuck Maybe if more of us write to samsung, we will finally get a solution

Old 03-16-2007, 05:41 PM

When you are on the update screen, hold the left arrow key (back key) for like 7 seconds. But im not sure if its the same problem.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:02 PM

what update screen ?

Old 03-16-2007, 06:59 PM

rain quote:
anyway, please let me know if any one knows anything. Already tried all the basics, reset, etc etc its frozen on the UPDATING screen no matter what i do.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:43 PM

Hi, same problem here and no interest from Samsung so any insight appreciated.
Liek StefanV my z5 is also 'stuck' on the update in progress screen. When connected to Vista, and reset, it is detected as Player Recovery Device Class. But now what? The z5 doesn't show as a removable disk or as a device in WMP11. I also tried running the lastest firmware .exe release - device not connected.
So there is still something alive in the z5 - I believe the Player Recovery Device Class driver is there to assist when the firmware is corrupted - but how???