android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2016, 04:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Hidizs AP60, Shanling M1, Hifi Super Mini

Just thought I'd bring to your attention some of these small sub 70g DAPs that are already out or on the horizon to buy this latter half of 2016. If you follow headfi you may already know about some of these, but I know many here don't bother with headfi so I just thought I'd post some news here.
It's my belief that the Mp3 market is not dead at all, it's just the major manufacturers have pulled back like Sansa etc, weird and possibly wonderful DAPs still do exist you just have to look further (and possibly more towards the East).

Without further ado...

The new Hidizs AP60.

Noteworthy specs is that it has 5-10hr battery life, bluetooth 4.0 (including apt-x support), 50g weight. More can be found on headfi and their fb page.

There are rumours of an AP300 for release in 2017, more likely another heavy and expensive DAP, no real info at this time however.

Next up is the Shanling M1, however I have reservations about this one, it seems crowdfunded and I would put this more in the vapourware currently. The only pics of it seem to be artificially produced, I haven't seen one prototype pic (unlike the AP60 where there are a ton of pics showing UI etc). But anyhow, it's kinda competing with the Fiio M3, AP60 so thought I might mention it.

Noteworthy possible specs include 9-10 hr battery life, bluetooth 4.0 (inc. apt-x), 2 gain levels, 60g weight.

Last up is a product that is available for purchase right now, the Hifiman Supermini.

Weighing 70g and costing $399USD, this one ain't cheap. It offers 22hrs playback, no bluetooth support but does offer a balanced headphone out that is reportedly quite powerful. More info can be found at their website and headfi.

That's all for now folks.

As a AP100 lover, I'm intrigued by the AP60, will wait for reviews and impressions first tho.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]