android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2016, 01:50 AM

Default Micro SD woes

does anyone have as much grief from Micro SDs as me?
i have a Clip +, got a 16gb Kingston msd for it, hoyed some music on, was generally no prob, execept one track would skip and hiccup. i upgraded to Win10 for Win 7, and the puter jsut flat out didn't want to recognise the Clip or the card, take the card out and the Clip comes up ok. tried the card in an old card reader, very hit and miss as to if it would recognise.
ended up getting a new Kingsotn 16gb card, got much the same issue ~ a bit research, and decided to format it, flat out wouldn't let me quick format, full format too about 20 mins to do 1%, gave up and tried on the Win7 machine, finally managed to get it recognised and did a quick format to FAT32, had to do it via Disk management though, trying a r/click-properties thing just didn't want to know. have hoyed a load of music on, plays ok including the track that used to skip. tried to add some more lat night, back to the same-old - won't recognise the Clip unless i take the card out, trying to get the card recognised in my card reader is a real chore. i'm using Kingston's adapter that came w/ the card so it should eliminate and compatability issues, i'd think?

any thoughts/suggestions?

TIA

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]