android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2016, 02:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Shuffling on/off, picking up from last song.

I don't know how to summarise what I am wanting in the subject line so feel free to edit that.

I was listening to my AP100 the other day, shuffling all, when I came across a song I was happy to continue with, what I mean is to take shuffle off for awhile and listen to the remaining songs on that album that come after the current song being heard.
Problem with toggling off Shuffle in this regard is that the next song played is not the next track in the album but the next song file name (in the entire song library), therefore it's pretty 'random' in a way what comes next.

I was thinking of ways to get around this. Even if I renamed all my files so that my 4000 or so songs on the DAP would start 0001 0002 etc, that doesn't guarantee success because the way AP100 sorts the 'Play All' or 'Songs' is id3tag, I would have to edit the id3 song tags to being 0001 xxxx 0002 xxxx 0003 xxxx etc.

And then what about new albums that get added, you'd have to edit all over again... nope this isn't a solution.

So then I thought about playlists, and today I had some success in that regard. Using Winamp I was able to create a 4000+ playlist and sort the playing order to being album based.
But I am confronted with shitty loading times.

Adding even a playlist to AP100 = a refresh of library, that's about a 5min wait time before boot up/usable with a 4000 track database.
Then clicking on that 4000 track playlist takes sometime (not sure how long, perhaps a minute or so), it works as I want, but there is quite a long wait.

So i was wondering, has anyone else thought like this, found a better approach on their DAPs etc?

Cheers,

Bruce

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]