android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2015, 01:00 PM

Unhappy M2 can't read files over the 32gb limit?

Hi to all!
Recently I bought a 32gb Cowon M2, plus a 64gb Sandisk Ultra micro-SD.

I filled the M2 internal memory (well, not entirely, I left about 1gb) then I inserted the microSD into my card reader, but it was formatted as exFat. With the little "FAT32 format" program, I easily formatted the card as FAT32. The system showed me 59gb, so it was all fine. I started copying music to the card and I finished reaching 34gb. Once I inserted the microSD into the player and start browsing music by artist, however, I noticed someone was missing. I then connected the M2 to the PC with the SD inserted: browsing under windows explorer between the SD folders, I saw all of them, but someone was unreachable (with windows showing error messages like "Insert disk" or "impossible to access to").
If I reach the SD via the card reader instead of the M2, everything works fine.

So it seems the Cowon M2 has got a big, hidden limit here, not recognizing files over 32gb. This is a big letdown for me. I'm still trying to find a workaround. I read of someone who store 110gb of FLAC in a 128gb sd card and hasn't encountered any issue.

By the way, my music is in mp3, ogg and flac, and I'm far under the file limit (less than 3000 files).

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]