android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2015, 11:17 PM

Default Scrobbling mp3 players?

Hello everyone,

So I used to have a Cowon D2, but it started falling apart after many years of use. I got used to not having a mp3 player, I could have some songs play from my phone, but it costs battery etc. I want to go back to having a mp3 player on it's own.

I really like that I am able to scrobble from my android phone though, and I've been googling on the possibilities of scrobbling from mp3 players.

Right now I am really interested in the Cowon M2. It seems similar to the D2, good battery, affordable for me, lots of buttons.
But I'm not sure if I'll be able to scrobble with it though.

So from what I've understood this is possible when using firmware like Rockbox. I've seen it work on a D2 in some youtube videos and I'm wondering if that means it will also work on a M2? Since they seem so similar.
I've also read somebody say that scrobbling will work on any Cowon that supports MTP? I think I'm pretty confused as to how to get a device to start logging to "scrobbler.log". Is it possible without Rockbox as well?

Also, would it be easy to get scrobbling to work on a android based Cowon?
The android Cowons dont really look that attractive to me, to be honest.
The android versions on it are pretty old and battery life isn't as good either, nor do the controls look nice( I like actual buttons for in-pocket controls )

All the information I could find on this topic all seemed pretty outdated as well, so I figured I'd make a thread about it to see if somebody has any experience with it.

Thanks for any information you can give me

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]