android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2014, 05:52 PM

Default Windows 7 to 8.1 questions

I have been pretty pleased with my Zune software and music player using Windows 7. I bought a Windows 8.1 laptop and can't figure out how to get it all to work together.

For some reason some of my playlists will get imported into the music app, but not all of them. How do I get all of my playlists to show up? Can I still download the Zune software on an 8.1 device? I tried this with the Surface Pro 2 on the desktop and I get errors when trying to copy playlists.

I have had Zune for several years so I can still download 10 tracks a month. Am I correct in assuming what I see on the Windows 8.1 machine is just an app? It seems to be preinstalled on the laptop. The entire interface is so different, it is like it is a completely different program.

I really like my Lenovo Yoga Pro 2. I really want to use my new laptop and get rid of the old one, but I am worried my Zune player will become worthless if I do this.

I am seriously considering going back to Rhapsody but when I used that service several years ago I had constant problems with the Clip player freezing up and other issues. It seems like all the other streaming services pick your songs for you, which I do not like. I want to be able to choose and artist or album and build a playlist from what I choose.

I am really frustrated and hope I can get some help from this site. I used it many years ago and thought the site was great.

Gary

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]