android
Old 03-03-2014, 12:02 PM

Default COWON = microSDXC?

I'm looking to buy a COWON since it is the only manufacturer that I haven't owned and I hear alot of good things about the sound enhancements. But I only want one now if it can use microSDXC cards to hold my FLAC collection.

Seems like the X9 and the Z2 are the only ones that can use microSD cards, and that are recent enough to possibly use SDXC. Is that right?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Administrator

It shouldn't matter which Cowon you decide to get as none of them were made to be compatible to the SDXC standard. So far SDXC cards have been backwards compatible to SDHC devices once they have been formatted FAT32. The best anyone can say is that they should work but there can't be any guarantee. It would be the same as with any other maker. The only way to know for sure would be to get one and a SDXC card and see if it works for you.

Whichever one you decide to get you'll want to check the file limits built into the firmware. Those are hard coded and no one has found a way to work around those regardless the size of the space available.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:28 AM

Well I would be using this player for FLAC files so the file limits wouldn't matter. I'm very leery of buying an X9 or other COWON if it can't handle 64/128GB microSD cards.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:36 AM

I can confirm that I use this in my Cowon X9, and formerly in my Cowon C2. It's a Sandisk Class 10 Ultra 64GB Micro SDXC

Link

Old 03-04-2014, 11:41 AM

Just what I needed to know...thanks!