android
Old 01-31-2014, 10:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post

There's also no need to create a copies and move those to your DAP. If the files can be seen as if they're on a drive fb2k will work the same as if they're on your HDD. The speed for me is less than if it's on my PC but it's still much quicker than MP3Gain.
I only did it that way because the USB connection with the D2+ seems to be very slow....so I got it done faster by applying the tags beforehand. A different player with a faster internal reader would be better, I'm sure.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-31-2014, 10:26 PM
Administrator

There's a number of DAPs that don't make use of ReplayGain tags. Cowon, Philips and Sony players don't. Some sandisk players have a setting for using with RG tags but they seem to be inconsistent with how they handle them. iPods can use Soundcheck but from what I've read it's a setting that has to be activated through iTunes. I've also come across a number of android music apps that don't use ReplayGain tags.

Instead of trying to keep track of which DAP or didn't use RG info from tags I decided to just start applying the ReplayGain to the files themselves as part of my transfer routine. I usually use MP3 files on all of them and it only takes a few seconds.

Tags
cowon, iaudio 7, mp3 player