android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Old 12-19-2013, 08:49 AM

Default Clip Zip looses song ratings and "My Top Rated" after connecting to computer

I was psyched that my new Clip Zip could make the on-the-fly playlist "My Top Rated" from songs that I starred. It was working well. But it looks like whenever I connect my Clip Zip to the computer, all star ratings get lost and thus the "My Top Rated" playlist is empty. This particular instance, I copied songs to the Clip Zip - I wasn't just plugging in to charge, so it is refreshing. I'm just drag-and-dropping songs, not syncing with any software. My music is on the removable SD card, if that matters. Any ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-19-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontcathy View Post
Any ideas?
http://www.rockbox.org/.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Any OTHER ideas? Other than this one minor thing, I really like my Clip Zip as-is. The only screenshots I've seen of rockbox looks like a Radio Shack TRS-80 computer from the 80's. Does rockbox show cover art? Can you have a graphical main screen?

Old 12-19-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Does rockbox show cover art?
Some of the themes do appear to show cover art. http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?target=sansaclipzip.
Quote:
Can you have a graphical main screen?
Are you willing to code?

Old 12-19-2013, 09:44 AM

Good Grief. I have written code in the past, but I'm not willing to invest my time in that, to get the ratings to work. I'll just add songs that I like to the GoList, for my on-the-fly "I like this song - I want to save it to a list" purposes.

One other question. Is there some way I can see (and thus save/backup) the GoList playlist? I'm not seeing it when I browse around the Clip.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
I have written code in the past, but I'm not willing to invest my time in that, to get the ratings to work.
You do not have to code to use ratings. http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...#x7-520004.3.3:
Quote:
It allows the assignment of a personal rating value (0 – 10) to a track which can be displayed in the WPS and used in the Database browser.
Quote:
I'll just add songs that I like to the GoList, for my on-the-fly "I like this song - I want to save it to a list" purposes.
I use Rockbox to do this. I have also tried doing this with SanDisk’s firmware. Guess which is much better.
Quote:
Is there some way I can see (and thus save/backup) the GoList playlist? I'm not seeing it when I browse around the Clip.
neutron_bob claims that “the ratings transfer over using Windows Media Player (this requires MTP mode though).” http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-C...p/294629#M4511.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Administrator

The Golist is hidden. Some people spent time looking for it to do what it is you want. No one has reported being able to view it on any sansa player. On the Fuze+ there's a zero byte file that shows a title for it but there's no references which would allow it to be backed up.