android
Old 11-04-2013, 06:05 PM

Default Aiaiai tma-1

AIAIAI are one of the up and coming manufacturers in the headphone world. With a far superior sound quality than the fashion brands, AIAIAI have managed to gather a large following amongst DJs, quality 'phones that surpass what is available from the likes of Dr Dre and Fiddy.

The TMA-1 series offers a range of headphones from the Beatport to the Young Guru, they have studio quality, that is a strong tight bass but not overbassy, beautiful mids and a sublime treble.

I tested a few at BPM a few weeks ago and was mightily impressed. The Young Guru special edition has only had 4,000 made worldwide, but offers a ridiculously comfortable and brilliant sounding package. You could listen to them fro hours from Claptone to Tracy Chapman, these headphones work.

They are up there with the very best, and by that I mean the Audio-Technicas, Beyerdynamics of this world...but with perhaps a little more street cred.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I really wanted to like these. I tried them awhile back and while the sound was fine, I found the hard plastic band uncomfortable and thought that the only way I could tolerate it would be by buying a headband cushion adapter.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I personally disliked the sq on these, and enjoy my Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's much more. The JVC HA-S500 is even better,...

Old 11-05-2013, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
I really wanted to like these. I tried them awhile back and while the sound was fine, I found the hard plastic band uncomfortable and thought that the only way I could tolerate it would be by buying a headband cushion adapter.
The Young Guru version is more comfortable, it is over ear and the pads are very soft.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I personally disliked the sq on these, and enjoy my Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's much more. The JVC HA-S500 is even better,...
The Sennheisers are a very very good headphone, going end of line now, not tried the JVCs actually.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music To Your Ears View Post
The Sennheisers are a very very good headphone, going end of line now, not tried the JVCs actually.
The HD 25-1 II's aren't being discontinued.

As far as the JVC HA-S500, I'd highly recommend trying it,...it's packing amazing sq for the price point. I didn't believe all the hype, I tried them, I was amazed at the clarity, the bass, and overall presentation. Super set of on ears,...bests even my HD 25-1 II's.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music To Your Ears View Post
The Young Guru version is more comfortable, it is over ear and the pads are very soft.
It wasn't the earpads for me, but the headband--just hard.