android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2013, 03:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default SoundMagic PL30's + Panasonic RP-HJE900

So i was curious about grabbing a pair of those silicone rubbery behind ear guide things, wondering if they might help with keeping my Panasonic RP-HJE900's in place. I was finding it hard to find a cheap pair, a seller over here was selling a pair for $20!
During my search I stumbled upon the PL30's which come with earguides, and seeing as they were just $40AUD i thought what the heck, I get the earguides AND i get to compare them to the E10's and RP-HJE900's.

Well first impressions are they are very good. I whipped the bundled tips off and replaced with my preferred triple flange tips, I then placed them on and this is where I was most surprised. They are without a doubt the comfiest IEMs I have ever tried, and more bizarre is that I ALWAYS use triple flange tips on all my monitors...

I didn't understand, how could the shape of the monitor and the way they are intended to be worn change the feeling of the triple flange ear tip inside the ear canal!!? I don't know how but it does. It's almost as if they have that feeling of not properly being worn, like they need to be pushed in deeper, but lo behold that doesn't seem to be the case. They still sound fantastic like any other IEM I have tried.

I have yet to do an extensive test at work (which involves 8hrs continuous wearing and seeing how they compare to noise isolation such as vacuum background noise), will let u know sometime after Friday. I have also not fiddled with the bass ports yet, they seemed plenty bass at the default notch so will leave it for the time being.
My only gripe is the lack of instructions/info. The red and blue tips doesn't even tell u which is for which ear, I guessed red is right (and I was right), but there is no mentioning of the bass ports or anything bundled inside box :/

But the sound quality, comfort, ease of wear, lightness, behind ear design is pushing these IEMs to being my favorite.

Last edited by BruceBanner; 12-04-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]