android
Old 11-17-2013, 12:27 AM

Default Looking for new headphones (<$100)

Hello everyone,

I'm in the market for some new headphones. My last pair (Sony MDR-XB 500's) are starting to get a bit worn out. I loved the sound quality they put out though.

With that in mind, I could really use some recommendations for some new headphones within my budget ($100).

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-17-2013, 03:13 AM

If you like very bassy headphones, I can recommend the Denon AH-D1100. They're very light and portable, with good clamping force, yet comfortable enough. They come with a short cable for use on the go, and with a 2m (or was it 3m?) extension cable for home. The bass on those is the punchiest I've ever heard, but I ended selling them because it was simply too much for me.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthiry303 View Post
I'm in the market for some new headphones. My last pair (Sony MDR-XB 500's) are starting to get a bit worn out. I loved the sound quality they put out though.

With that in mind, I could really use some recommendations for some new headphones within my budget ($100).
If you are willing to use an equalizer, you may want to consider:

*KRK Systems KNS 6400
*Samson SR850
*Sennheiser HD 280 PRO
*Sony MDR-7506 or the very similar Sony MDR-V6

I have the KRK Systems KNS 6400, Samson SR850, Sennheiser HD 280 PRO, and Sony MDR-7506. I am very happy with the sound quality of all of these headphones. The KRKs and Sennheisers have a detachable cable and user-replaceable earpads and headband cushions—ideal for preventing worn-out headphones. The Samsons are semi-open, which means they have little isolation and allow everyone near you to hear whatever it is you are listening to.

Is that nun sitting beside me into gangsta rap? But it is the least expensive of the five. The Sony MDR-7506 was introduced in 1991. The Sony MDR-V6 was introduced in 1985. So they have already proven themselves to be outstanding values.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

There are many similar threads here from the past couple of months. I would simply scroll down the threads list and read 'em . . . .