android
Old 11-04-2013, 03:10 AM

Default Cowon X9: Tracks appearing out of order

I recently bought a set of symphonies which, irritatingly, split symphonies over several CDs. I know how to deal with this in Windows Media Player: you edit the album tag so that all the symphony is on the same disc, then you renumber the tracks to make sure they're played in order. I did this and synced it all onto my Cowon X9, only to realise that the player accepted the new album tags but didn't accept the new numbering, meaning bits of symphonies would appear midway through another.

For example, mvmts 1-4 of symphony No.1 and mvmt 1 of No.2 are on disc 1, mvmt 2-4 of No. 2 and mvmts 1-4 of No.3 are on disc 2. On WMP, I move mvmt 1 of symphony No.2 onto disc 2 and set the track orders up right so that symphony No. 2 then No. 3 plays in order. But when I sync to the Cowon X9, mvmt 1 of No.2 behaves as if its number is "5" (which it was on disc 1) and plays after the "5" on disc 2 (so mvmt 1 of No.2 plays after mvmt 1 of No.3).

Am I missing something obvious here, or doing something in WMP that isn't meant to be possible?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-06-2013, 01:37 PM

With mine D20 (and Sansa Clip zip) I manage the correct order if I edit the tags with running numbers in the Title. Example, if an album has 40 parts the Titles are:
xxx 01
xxx 02
xxx 03 and so on until xxx 40.
xxx is the name of the part and all the parts have the same name.
Track no. should be the same as in the Title.

Tags
album tags, cowon x9, track number, track order