android
Old 10-25-2013, 11:34 AM

Default Clip+ and earphones with mic

MY standard earbuds have a 3.5mm connector with 3 contacts for stereo audio and work fine with the Clip+. However, I want to use the newer Sennheiser OCX685i earbuds instead of the OMX70's that are wearing out. The OCX685i has a mic and volume control built in. The connector is 3.5mm but has 4 contacts instead of 3. Will this work with my Clip+?
I must note that the newer earbuds for "sport use" are using the newer plug, which is based on the Ipod/phone connector standard.
Thanks for your input.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-31-2013, 04:26 PM

UPDATE:

The OCX685i does NOT work as intended for me. Could be a bad pair, but doubt it as it has almost no Bass even when plugged in my laptop. Actually, the package does state that the unit is designed for Apple products. Sennheiser says it should work-but that was a guess on their part during a phone call with their excellent tech staff.
Anyone needing a great replacement pair with an earclip might give the Sennheiser OMX680 a try. This is not the current model group-but the pair I have are working great as the replacement for my trusty OMX70s.
In the case of the Clip+ I would suggest making sure that you do not get a pair of headphones that have the Mic built in. The OMX 680 does have a removeable volume control that is very small and is OK.

Hope this helps others.