Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Default Similar to a Cowon, but cheaper?

Hello wise ones,

Here is my situation. I mainly listen to podcasts and audiobooks and have been using Cowon devices since the iAudio6. The main reason I have stuck with them is that I still use mypodder software, transferring it from my old players to my new ones since it no longer comes preloaded. I travel a lot and like to be able to download my podcasts easily from anywhere. For those of you unfirmiliar with it, mypodder is an aggregator that lives on your player rather than on a computer. In this case the player acts like a removable drive and the pogram runs from it. The software hasn't been updated since about 2007, but it still works perfect for me.

I am looking for a player that I can add mypodder to easily (I can drag and drop it to my new Cowons with no problem), but with less expense. Since my twins were born last year we are a bit short on cash! I don't need anything fancy except the ability to use mypodder and to be able to drag and drop files rather than syncing.

Alternately I guess I could live with a podcast aggregator that has an online format-meaning there is nothing to download to the computer itself. I don't know if such a thing even exists, I haven't had much luck finding it.

Thanks for any advice!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

aggregate, cowon, mypodder, podcast