android
Old 10-09-2013, 09:47 PM

Default Problems with audiobooks displaying after reset

Did reset in attempt to correct problems of freezing while listening to audiobooks. Now doing something wrong and have not come up with answer while searching forum.
Problem: When I downloaded books prior to this reset each book title was listed separately. Then when clicked on book the proper chapters for that book were displayed. Cover art was also displayed. NOW the books I download do not have separate titles and while chapters do show name of book there is no break between books. Goes from one book right to next, if I am explaining clearly. There is no cover art for each book either.
Have setting on MTP mode. Firmware is 1.01.20A.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Where are you getting the books from? Why are you using MTP mode?Are the files properly tagged? Check using MP3Tag application.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:03 AM

I use books from public library. No particular reason for MTP except that was suggested some months ago when I got my player. Have loaded many books with nary a problem. Have no clue about MP3Tag app as everything has always appeared perfectly.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:11 AM

Should also have mentioned that I use Overdrive Media Console for the download and transfer.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well I can say that books from the library are not always tagged properly. The tags can be changed using the above mentioned app. The one tag you want to change for sure is the genre. change it to audiobook. make sure each file has a track # I think once you do that it should work fine.Do this before you load them on to the player.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:13 PM

I believe books are tagged properly, and I always change the genre to audiobook. Each file also has a track #. (all of this noted in Overdrive). Noticed now, and not in past when having no problems, that when I am select BOOKS and then select "Audiobooks" that I am next taken to "Titles". Formerly this was where the title of each book used to be listed. Then when I clicked on each title I was taken to the separate chapters. Have just downloaded, as a test, a book that loaded properly for me 3 months ago, and the same thing is happening with all chapters together under the heading of Titles. Expect is some silly thing I have done.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:33 PM

Looking at user manual under Books I notice that I should see Audiobooks (and Podcasts)>Audiobook List (guessing this is same as titles).
In the very first option when I choose Audiobook instead of Podcast, where I get the screen that says Audiobooks, it always says "Unknown" and then the next screen I can choose says Titles, which is where the chapters all run consecutively for every book I have loaded.
Thinking the problem may lie here, but still do not know what to do?

Old 10-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

They are not properly tagged . If they were you would not get an unknown

Old 10-12-2013, 07:55 AM

Thank you for explanation. Have had success with other books since, so must just be that particular book. Reloaded and same issue.