android
Old 12-29-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Thanks for emailing SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.

Sansa Clip+ is not discontinued. It is still being manufactured and sold by SanDisk and is available on our online store for purchase.

Please click on the link: http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/parentCategoryID.11442300/categoryID.29066400 in the event you wish to purchase a SanDisk Clip+. Please use promo code D739F to save 10% on any products purchased using the link provided in here.

Please refer to your My SanDisk at http://kb.sandisk.com anytime to see all of your incident history and product registration information. You can log in using your email address as your login and the password that you created.

Also, you can visit http://kb.sandisk.com, our online keyword searchable Knowledgebase, to easily find answers to your Technical Support and Customer Service questions for all of SanDisk's products. Simply enter your search terms and our Knowledgebase will search an extensive database of commonly asked questions as well as our online forums at http://forums.sandisk.com to provide you with the most complete answers possible.

Best regards,
Chad M.
SanDisk Technical Support
Finally found the email! It is from 09/16/2013. This is about the Clip+, but I imagine since the Zip is newer it isn't being discontinued either....
S

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Administrator

If you read that email with my eyes you'll see they don't say they aren't going to discontinue them. The statement is
Quote:
Sansa Clip+ is not discontinued.
I've worked in customer service and don't doubt that rep told you what he knew. However that only means that as of the time they wrote you and to the best of their knowledge it hadn't been discontinued. There's nothing to say they hadn't been told or that the decision was made just as they hit send.

I'm not saying it's discontinued or sandisk is being deceptive in any way. It's just that I've learned from being on both sides of CS that what a rep put in a email months ago can only be counted on to represent the circumstances at the time the email was written.

There's nothing to be gained by a maker announcing the discontinuation of a product that's still on the shelves and in the warehouses of it's distributors. A formal announcement would instantly devalue all their existing stock.

Who want's to pay full price for a discontinued item? There's also a number of people that wouldn't want to buy an older item they thought might be replaced by something newer and better. Some will also think that a discontinued item won't receive proper customer support.

It's not an unreasonable thought. When the Zune HD got discontinued there were some posts here from people that still had devices under warranty and were told they couldn't be replaced because there was no more new stock.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

As you wrote earlier, little cost to the Clips right now outside of manufacturing and distribution--so makes sense just to sell the heck outta them . . . .

Old 12-30-2013, 12:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
As you wrote earlier, little cost to the Clips right now outside of manufacturing and distribution--so makes sense just to sell the heck outta them . . . .
As long as people are buying them. Who knows what the real sales numbers are? I'd be curious to find out.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Just curious, where did you hear that the Sansa's were going away? I emailed Sansa a couple of weeks ago and asked, they said they were not going to stop making them any time soon.
S
Sorry, I forgot to check back. I found out the Sansa's were going away on here. Many posts mention it. I hope it's not true.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Still avidly being sold on-line, Clip+ and the Clip Zip . . . . No indication they're going away (especially when you consider that the Clip+ continues to be sold, even after the Clip Zip came out).

Tags
alternatives, dap