Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Question I'm curious: any viable alternatives to Clip +/Zip?

I'm pretty happy with my already 1.5 yo Clip Zip, although I have to admit that this board has been incredibly helpful to improve my experience with the DAP (it was here I learned about MP3tag, for instance). Negative reviews on Amazon are mostly from people who have never have read ABI ... I pity them.

Still, after reading that Sandisk has probably left the DAP market for good (what a downer), I am curious as to which other brands (except *ack* Apple, of course) would be suitable alternatives to the Clip.

Granted, I'll probably keep buying Clips when necessary until they go the way of Twinkies (and I should only worry about alternatives there and then), but I'm curious if there's anything out there comparable right now (price+quality+SD card integration+form factor+screen).

Also, out of curiosity too (but a less important question): is there any DAP in the market allowing for easy battery replacement? Or are they all irritatingly sealed up so that only mad scientists can tinker with them to do that?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

alternatives, dap