android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 09-23-2013, 09:54 PM

i'm not sure if it's too late.. but if you have budget, you could consider our headphones. M-80, M-100, LP2 could be the choices. With the latest launched gaming boom, it's perfect for gaming and listening to music.

http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/28861...ream-headphone

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-24-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-moda View Post
i'm not sure if it's too late.. but if you have budget, you could consider our headphones. M-80, M-100, LP2 could be the choices. With the latest launched gaming boom, it's perfect for gaming and listening to music.

http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/28861...ream-headphone
my budget is $100 n v moda not available in india i have mentioned the hedsets available to me

Old 09-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Administrator

I have the Senn HD 428 and enjoy them quite a bit. I wouldn't recommend them for gaming as the bass is what I would consider balanced, not prominent. Apparently Senn heard enough complaints about the lack of bass with the HD428 and HD 448 and decided to retune them in the HD439.

I've only heard the HD 439 in for about 20 minutes but the difference in the amount of bass was obvious. Plugged into my Sony S639 the same settings that gave decent bass with the HD428 were too bassy for my taste with the HD439. When I scaled back on the EQ a little they had a nice thump without losing the mids or the highs very much.

That's my impression from a relatively short listening session but I believe they'll be a better choice than any of the dedicated gaming headphones I've ever heard. Most of those I've heard had durability issues and sounded genuinely poor when it came to listening to music.

When I put together a graph over at headphone .com it seems to confirm what I heard in my short listening session. According to that comparison Senn increased the bass response to make the claim of them having powerful bass more accurate. They pumped it up enough to my ears to make it be in the category of slightly bassy. It wasn't overwhelming but it had a definite thump.

If my HD428 ever give out and the HD439 are at a reasonable price I'll definitely consider them. I like the comfort and the detachable cable. Thing is my HD428 don't show any signs of dying anytime soon. I've had them for ~3 years iirc and they're my go-to closed back set for listening at the computer. They're all plastic and have the thinnest cable I've ever seen on a set of full size cans but whatever plastics went into them is really durable.

The TB card I'm not sure about. I've never heard one. I have heard several other USB sound cards and haven't noticed much difference. None of them have been set for surround so I don't think my experience will be much help here.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The Sennheiser HD439 looks like an excellent headphone. All the reviews seem to say it's quite nice for it's price range. Used on Amazon it can be had in the mid $40 range. Definitely worth a listen,...

Here are the (wonderfully positive) Amazon.com reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-...owViewpoints=1