android
Old 08-27-2013, 10:03 AM

Help transfer music/playlists from fuze to clip zip

Unfortunately my sansa fuze has developed the annoying "headphone jack" problem and only sporadically plays music out of the headphones' left ear bud. So I decided to buy a new mp3 player and ended up with a zip clip.
I hooked both players up to my computer and copied/pasted the music folder and playlist folder from the fuze to the zip clip. It did transfer all the music and the playlists but when I open the playlists they are empty.
What happened? What did I do wrong? Is there a way to correctly transfer the playlists?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonja77 View Post
Unfortunately my sansa fuze has developed the annoying "headphone jack" problem and only sporadically plays music out of the headphones' left ear bud. So I decided to buy a new mp3 player and ended up with a zip clip.
I hooked both players up to my computer and copied/pasted the music folder and playlist folder from the fuze to the zip clip. It did transfer all the music and the playlists but when I open the playlists they are empty.
What happened? What did I do wrong? Is there a way to correctly transfer the playlists?
Are you using MSC, MTP, or AutoDetect USB modes?

I would have expected that to work in MSC mode, but unsure about MTP (and thus AutoDetect) mode.

You need to ENSURE that the path on Zip is EXACTLY the same as on the the Fuze.

It's not exactly the same but I have taken an SD card from an original Fuze and put it into a Clip+ (both set on MSC) and the playlists worked just fine.

Steve

Last edited by FreeZ5; 08-27-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:28 PM

Both players were in autodetect USB mode. I switched both to MSC mode but then all the folders in both players were empty when I hooked them up to my computer; it didn't detect any songs or playlists.

In autodetect mode both playlists show up and when I click on properties on each playlist it shows a references tab. On the old fuze is lists the songs in order under "value" and on the new zip clip the same tab is empty.

And yes, the file paths were exactly the same on the fuze and the zip clip in both directories.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonja77 View Post
Both players were in autodetect USB mode. I switched both to MSC mode but then all the folders in both players were empty when I hooked them up to my computer; it didn't detect any songs or playlists.

In autodetect mode both playlists show up and when I click on properties on each playlist it shows a references tab. On the old fuze is lists the songs in order under "value" and on the new zip clip the same tab is empty.

And yes, the file paths were exactly the same on the fuze and the zip clip in both directories.
AutoDetect on a PC usually means MTP mode. Switching from MSC to MTP results in what you saw.

Steve