android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2013, 03:29 AM

Default Sansa Clip Zip - radio comes (and stays) on automatically when computer switched off

Hi All

First-time poster and non-technical, so hope someone can help me with this.

If my wife leaves her Sansa Clip Zip plugged in to the computer (MSC mode, Windows Seven) and the computer is switched off, the Clip's radio comes on and stays on, thus draining the battery to zero.This has happened twice now, draining the battery before her morning run.

Just investigating further now: when I "safely remove" the device, the "Connected" message and icon remain on the Clip's screen, but when I physically disconnect the cable music playback resumes. (Not FM radio.) Again, presumably this would lead to the battery draining.

Two questions:

a) Is this normal behaviour? (I've tried it on my laptop too - exactly the same.) If it's normal, I can't see the benefit, to be honest. Are you just supposed to remember to disconnect it (or switch it off again after disconnecting it)?

b) Are there any settings that would stop it doing this? I've tried setting both Power Saver and Sleep to 5 minutes with the radio playing and they don't seem to have any effect. I have looked around in the menus for any other options that might have an effect but couldn't find any. Can't help feeling that I'm overlooking something really obvious, though ...

The player seems to work fine in every other respect.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]