android
Old 06-17-2013, 11:31 PM

Default Clip Zip, help transferring REALLY Long audiobooks

Hi folks
I just got a Clip Zip 4 GB, a refurb, like new condition, came loaded with newest version of original firmware. I haven't Rockbox'd yet.

I have been able to easily transfer audiobooks purchased through various companies (Tantor, Audible, Downpour), mostly using drag and drop, sometimes Windows Media Player & Audible Manager. I've also transferred audiobooks borrowed from the library using Overdrive Media Console.

I have some audiobooks that were burned from CDs - some of them are more than a dozen discs in length, like Tolkien's Lord of the Rings series. I have previously used software called Chapter and Verse to merge a multi-disk audiobook into a few long AAC files. That worked well for transferring to my iphone for listening. I tested transferring these long AAC files to the Clip Zip and the audiobook shows up in the list but won't play. From research on this forum, it looks like the Sandisk firmware for the Clip Zip can't handle AAC files more than a few minutes long.

If I start with the original tracks burned from CDs, and drag and drop into the Clip Zip - they don't end up in the right order and the book gets split into 2 to 4 separate audiobooks. I was able to transfer one book, after spending quite a bit of time in iTunes, editing the track numbers and author, album etc., to make sure it all got put into the same audiobook and in the right order. I don't want to spend the much longer time it will take to correctly transfer the LOTR discs.

Is there a more efficient way to transfer these really long audiobooks to my clip zip (or microSD card)? They are in my iTunes library as mp4 files.

cheers
Laura

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 AM

You should find mp3 tag a lot faster to correct the id tag info. You will need the track# to define the desired play sequence. You can set this as well as album field etc. in one operation.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 PM

Thanks for the advice, it worked! I was happy to find that mp3tag works with mp4 files and it was faster and easier to use than iTunes.