android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 05-30-2013, 11:27 AM

Default Help me !!!! in choosing in-the-ear for 40 $

Hi guys ,

I want a in-the-ear earbuds which has a lock so that it should not fell down or come out from my ear i mean kinda pushing the earbuds inside my ears like i press with my hands. Probably Please suggest me in sennheiser because i think its best for ear phones , any ways i will go with your suggestions

Actually i bought sennheiser MX 270 and its sound quality is good but it is not staying in ear and i will enjoy only if i press earbuds inside my ear with my hands, so i wanted to buy one earbuds with high quality with lock which has to push earbuds inside my ear and i must enjoy music without outside noise while working ...Thank you ... hope you got me ..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Personally, I'd go for a pair of the Klipsch Image S4 phones. Can be found at Amazon for $40-50 shipped (check out the open box items). http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...=klipsch+image Also currently at eBay new for just over $40 shipped. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...=klipsch+image

Every now and again, these have been available for slightly less, on sale (last month, at Newegg for $32 shipped--a super deal!).

Update: Saw an open box/like new pair of the phones at $20 + $5 ship--cool deal! (It's at the bottom of the Used listings.) http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=all

Last edited by Mikerman; 05-30-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: update info.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:46 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply and suggestion @Mikerman ,

Klipsch Image S4 phones or Klipsch Image S4i phones (it is just next version ) which one will be good @Mikerman ?

Actually i am living in India and i don't know whether amazon will do shipment to India (specifically to Chennai) . Do you have any other good option in sennheiser or in sony ext and quality is exactly the same like Klipsch Image S4 phones ? thanks a lot

Old 05-31-2013, 02:55 AM

@Mikerman ,

Sorry i don't find any edit option in the post , so i am posting as separate post .

How is Klipsch Image S3 phones -- it is quite cheaper than s4 . how you feel about the quality of s3 ? it is equal to s4 ? because some time the quality will be same and the special feature will be added in the upgraded version , so please help me . thanks in advance

Old 05-31-2013, 05:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

We have no idea about pricing in India. What does a Panasonic RP-HJE450 or HJE355 sell for there? How about a JVC HA-FX40?

Old 05-31-2013, 06:19 AM

Soundmagic E10 or E30 get great reviews for their price.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
We have no idea about pricing in India. What does a Panasonic RP-HJE450 or HJE355 sell for there? How about a JVC HA-FX40?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeven View Post
Soundmagic E10 or E30 get great reviews for their price.
Hi JK98 and Jeven ,

Thanks a lot for your replies and suggestions .

http://www.flipkart.com is the indian site where we will get some imported products , so what ever price in flipkart is our price here .
One Dollar = 55 Rupees

Panasonic RP-HJE450 and HJE355 is not available in flipkart.com , but
Panasonic RP-HJE120E-K In-the-ear Headphoneis

is available for cheap rate. how is the quality of RP-HJ120-K?

Soundmagic E10 is available for good price but E30 is out is stock , but is E10 really sounds good ?

i have some option , but i don't know about it , please check below

Sennheiser Adidas PMX 680i
Bose SIE2i
Jabra Sport In-the-ear Headset (its so costly but if it is really good then sure i will buy it )

BTW i have to say that my ear hole is quite small , so normal In-the-ear phones is not going inside my ear and so will not fit properly so i need the earbud to be exactly like in "Jabra Sport In-the-ear Headset " with some hook or lock with noise isolation and good quality .... thanks in advance

Old 05-31-2013, 11:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolforyou View Post
Klipsch Image S4 phones or Klipsch Image S4i phones (it is just next version ) which one will be good @Mikerman ?
Sorry--I don't know a lot about the differences, only that at this price, the quality makes the Klipsch phones a good deal.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:52 AM

It seems that the OP is looking for earbuds that have a mechanism for pushing them tighter against the ears. Preferably by Sennheiser. It seems that there is very few choices that meet the criteria and they do not include any of the suggestions made.

A question for the OP: Do you specifically look for a earbud that stays out of the ear canal or are also canal phones (IEMs) that goes into the ear canal acceptable?

Old 06-03-2013, 03:00 AM

@ Sleep mode zZ thank you very much , you really got my point ,

Actually i felt uncomfortable with earbuds (canal phones (IEMs) that goes into the ear canal) , i feel i could n't enjoy music with it and sometimes i am forced to removing it as soon as possible even the music is good. I hope you got me, i don't know whether this is because of my ear hole which is very small .

And also i can't say and judge that all the ear canal phones will give me uncomfortable feeling , because the one i checked cost 16$ from Creative , may be i don't know whether Klipsch might be good because Mikerman is ultra senior person who suggesting this , but i am really confused.

BUT any way ,

You really got my point , i am exactly looking for a earbuds which staying outside the ear canal and have a mechanism for pushing them tighter against the ears. so please suggest me a good quality ear phones which has this mechanism ...thanks again and sorry for my English that every one misunderstood my request

Quote:
Sorry--I don't know a lot about the differences, only that at this price, the quality makes the Klipsch phones a good deal.
Thank you very much , you are a senior person of this forum and sure you should you have lot of experience in ear phones so if Klipsch really fits well in my ear then sure i will buy it . So i just wanted to know whether are you really comfortable with the Klipsch image s4 ..thanks in advance

Sorry i apologize for my English that i made every one misunderstood my request . thanks again and please i am expecting a more option with good quality sound ..thanks in advance

Old 06-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Earphone comfort and preference is very much a matter of personal preference. I think the Klipsch phones are a great buy at the current price. cnet.com had reviewed them highly, earlier, and as a favorite. Here's the review: http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/k...-33577358.html.

Personally, I liked the Klipsch phones, although I found the rubber tips a bit hard when I had the phones 2-3 years ago. But tips can be replaced.

And please don't be persuaded by anyone's "senior" status here--that's just a matter of time and postings!

Old 06-04-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolforyou View Post
You really got my point , i am exactly looking for a earbuds which staying outside the ear canal and have a mechanism for pushing them tighter against the ears. so please suggest me a good quality ear phones which has this mechanism ...thanks again and sorry for my English that every one misunderstood my request
I don't have any experience with the kind of earbuds that you are looking for. It seems that the current model from Sennheiser is the MX 685 SPORTS. The MX 680 seems to be the previous model. Take a look at the reviews on the internet. This is relatively small forum and it could be that there is no one with experience of this kind sport earbuds.

If you qualify earbuds with ear clips (e.g. Sennheiser OMX 185), there would be much more options from many manufacturers. There are also earbuds with neckbands (e.g. PMX 680).

Old 06-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The RPHJE120 is not so good. Nowhere near the HJE355 or HJE450 in quality.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Earphone comfort and preference is very much a matter of personal preference. I think the Klipsch phones are a great buy at the current price. cnet.com had reviewed them highly, earlier, and as a favorite. Here's the review: http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/k...-33577358.html.

Personally, I liked the Klipsch phones, although I found the rubber tips a bit hard when I had the phones 2-3 years ago. But tips can be replaced.

And please don't be persuaded by anyone's "senior" status here--that's just a matter of time and postings!
Thank you @Mikerman

Quote:
I don't have any experience with the kind of earbuds that you are looking for. It seems that the current model from Sennheiser is the MX 685 SPORTS. The MX 680 seems to be the previous model. Take a look at the reviews on the internet. This is relatively small forum and it could be that there is no one with experience of this kind sport earbuds.

If you qualify earbuds with ear clips (e.g. Sennheiser OMX 185), there would be much more options from many manufacturers. There are also earbuds with neckbands (e.g. PMX 680).
Thank you @ Sleep mode zZ

Quote:
The RPHJE120 is not so good. Nowhere near the HJE355 or HJE450 in quality.
@ JK98 Thank you

For all , thanks for the wonder full help . Many of them saying that the ear phones goes inside the ear canal is harmful for ear and ear drum and may cos some rick . So i thought of buying Over Ear - Head phones .

so a lost final request .

I got an idea of buying over head - Head phones in 40$ or max 50 $ which i think safe for my ear and becasue it is coving my ear so i think it will block the outside noise .

Can you guys please suggest me a Good quality Over ear head phones which has good bass , Good mid , good treble for 40 $ or max 50 $ ?

I Found "SONY MDR - 570LP " for 40 $ but i don't know weather it is good or not .

Thanks in advance

Old 06-06-2013, 09:00 AM

Over ear headphones usually means headphones where the pad is not sitting on the ear but is bigger than the ear and makes contact around the ear. They are also called circumaural or around the ear headphones. The Sony MDR-570LP is not of that type. They are on-ear headphones - the pad is sitting on the ear.

I have not heard the MDR-570LP but a Finnish magazine chose it to be the best among several contestants (in 2010). Reviews on the internet seems to be quite positive.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

How about something like the JVC HAS400? or HAS500?

Old 06-08-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep mode zZ View Post
Over ear headphones usually means headphones where the pad is not sitting on the ear but is bigger than the ear and makes contact around the ear. They are also called circumaural or around the ear headphones. The Sony MDR-570LP is not of that type. They are on-ear headphones - the pad is sitting on the ear.

I have not heard the MDR-570LP but a Finnish magazine chose it to be the best among several contestants (in 2010). Reviews on the internet seems to be quite positive.
Thank you @Sleep mode zZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
How about something like the JVC HAS400? or HAS500?
Thank you @JK98 , you mean JVC HAS500 is good than MDR-570LP ? or it is better than the head phones around 40 $ to 50 $ ?

Old 06-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Banned

Hello,
You can try excellent headphones from Sennheiser. Sennheiser headphones are good which gives 2 yrs warranty and have outstanding sound quality of no doubt.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelkinsmith View Post
Hello,
You can try excellent headphones from Sennheiser. Sennheiser headphones are good which gives 2 yrs warranty and have outstanding sound quality of no doubt.
Thank you @jelkinsmith ,

Please specify the model , because i tried HD 215 its not so good and not doesn't give me the amplified volume

Old 06-17-2013, 05:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD2.../dp/B000TDZOXG are excellent sounding headphones,...I own them & won't resell or trade 'em like I do my other sets.