android
Old 05-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Samsung Moderator

Default Fuze v2 - Custom build with Line-out

I made it for people on a French forum but I share it here too in case someone is interested.

-Based on the latest Rockbox build 00b8563 (May, 24th 2013)
-LO patch FS#12074 http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/12074
I used the rebased version of the patch made by Solomon Peachy on April 16th 2013. I can't say if there is a visible difference but it can't be worse than the original patch made in April 2011.
-Font pack included.
-My lebellium Samsung-like theme included (Cabbiev2 still set as default).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxvv12yvst...FS%2312074.zip

Last edited by lebellium; 06-01-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-28-2013, 10:44 AM

Thanks for this. I haven't updated my Fuze for ages.

Would you consider including the backlight patch with your next build?
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/9305

Old 05-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Samsung Moderator

Well, I don't have a Fuze V2 to try out patches and custom builds (I only have a Fuze v1) and this path has not been rebased/resynced since March 2012 in its original version and since June 2012 in its modified version (prev and next buttons added aside volume and play/pause).
I cannot resync patches myself and I don't know if it will mess it up if I add the patch without resync.

I can try when I have so time though, tell me if you'd like the original or modified patch version.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Samsung Moderator

Here you are

Same as previous version:
+ latest RB build 8c34d8 (June, 1st 2013)
+ FS#9305 - Context sensitive backlight on key press http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/9305 Modified version by vlad-sht on June, 23rd 2012
To enable in Settings>General Settings>Display>LCD settings>Backlight on volume change. Works for volume, play/pause and prev/next

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3kkqy16l0...BFS%239305.zip

Old 06-02-2013, 06:50 AM

Thanks lebellium!! as always!!

Update: I installed it but I don't use the line out (I want the backlight patch) so I turned it off, but seems that every time I turn on the Fuze the volume is set at maximum (displaying the normal volume) then I turn the volume down (only one click) and it return to normal (real) volume.
A bit dangerous for the ears....some issue? Is this build only for use with line out?

Last edited by dacari; 06-02-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Samsung Moderator

I don't have a Fuzev2 to try out the build and I'm not a dev so I don't really understand the patch code. I just compiled the build with it.

I read that in the code:
Code:
/* lineout active: force to 0dB */
So indeed when the lineout is active, it is set to (almost) maximum volume but I don't know how it is supposed to behave when the lineout is disabled.

I think that has nothing to do with my build, it's how the patch is, but to make sure you should try out older builds with the same patch compiled by other people

Old 06-09-2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
I don't have a Fuzev2 to try out the build and I'm not a dev so I don't really understand the patch code. I just compiled the build with it.

I read that in the code:
Code:
/* lineout active: force to 0dB */
So indeed when the lineout is active, it is set to (almost) maximum volume but I don't know how it is supposed to behave when the lineout is disabled.

I think that has nothing to do with my build, it's how the patch is, but to make sure you should try out older builds with the same patch compiled by other people
Yes, it seems the way this patch works. In fact, my priority was the volume backlight patch....maybe for some people seems useless, but for me, that I am adjusting the volume continuously this patch helps.

Thanks anyway lebellium.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacari View Post
Update: I installed it but I don't use the line out (I want the backlight patch) so I turned it off, but seems that every time I turn on the Fuze the volume is set at maximum
I just installed this build, and I don't have this issue. When powered on it always comes up at the same volume it was set for when it was powered off. Perhaps you've got some other setting that's confusing this in some way?

Only using it in headphone jack mode currently - my line out adaptor is on it's way still.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:00 AM

+1: On my side it also remembers the last volume setting!

Old 06-22-2013, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduck View Post
I just installed this build, and I don't have this issue. When powered on it always comes up at the same volume it was set for when it was powered off. Perhaps you've got some other setting that's confusing this in some way?

Only using it in headphone jack mode currently - my line out adaptor is on it's way still.
Well, in fact, it remembered the last volume but the problem is that internally¿? the volume was at max, and then just one click up or down the volume dropped at the correct level.

If you both use the headphone output without this issue, obviously a bad/incongruous setting for my part.

Tags
build, custom, fuze, fuzev2, line out, line-out, lo, rockbox, sansa, v2