android
Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 AM

Unhappy Sansa Clip Zip stuck on flower screen, won't connect to PC

Hi All,

I just go t a new Clip Zip. I fully charged it and turned it on and it seemed to be working. I put in a 32gb micro SD card. Before going to bed I began a transfer of music over. I went to bed, when I woke up I disconnected the media safely.

Now when I try to turn it on I get the flower boot screen appearing twice and freezing on it the last time. When I connect it to my pc (windows 7 64 bit) the device is not detected (doesn't show up in windows explorer). I have tried the following:
  • Soft rest by holding down the power button for different lengths of time. 10 sec, 30 sec and a minute.
  • Tried holding down the select button while plugging into the pc.

I'm now going to leave the screen on and let the battery drain to see if that does anything. I was wondering if anyone had any hints or tips on what else I could do to try to fix this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

Sorry for your problems. Have you tried removing the card and seeing if it boots normally? I've read before where having a card in place has prevented other sansa players from booting. If that doesn't work the only thing I can think might help would be to let the battery run down like you're doing and see if that helps. Once it does be sure to remove the card before you connect it or try to boot again.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Welcome to ABi

Sorry for your problems. Have you tried removing the card and seeing if it boots normally? I've read before where having a card in place has prevented other sansa players from booting. If that doesn't work the only thing I can think might help would be to let the battery run down like you're doing and see if that helps. Once it does be sure to remove the card before you connect it or try to boot again.
Hi Skip,

Thanks for the response. Yep, I tried both with and without the card. I also swapped in a 2gb blank card just for the sake of it.

Hopefully it drain it's power soon but I imagine it will be a few more hours yet!

Tags
boot, bricked, clip, flower, reset