its supposed to be any thing but ipod
last i knew, browsers and browser settings are not ipods

Last edited by 3300; 09-25-2013 at 09:37 PM. Reason: site too censored

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-31-2013, 10:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3300 View Post
i went thru the ice while fishing 3 days ago in lower michigan and wanted to take my battery out today. i have water behind the glass and one part of the light is staying lit. i have a protection plan that lets me replace it, but best buy does not have any left. i would have to get a 7" tab or bigger.
The 7" Galaxy Tab 2 is a much better device, you know. Far larger battery, bigger screen, newer Android version, dual-core CPU vs. the SGP 5's single-core....but to each his own.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:28 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
The 7" Galaxy Tab 2 is a much better device, you know. [...] bigger screen
Bigger screen doesn't necessarily mean better device. Some people want or need a smaller screen. OK for the other arguments.

@3300: Don't you have any pic to illustrate your tutorial?

Old 03-31-2013, 03:13 PM

Thanks for the info. I might one day be changing my battery also.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:25 AM

My wife and son and I all have the Tab 2 7.0, and it's excellent. The smaller Galaxy players are nice, but the 7" tablet is REALLY nice. My wife is rough on everything, and hasn't been able to put a scratch in here Tab 2. The screen is Gorilla Glass, and that stuff is flexible as well as hard. My son has a Class 10 64GB card in his tablet, and filled it in one day, so it's got that going for it as well.

I bought an Ipod Touch 5G a couple weeks ago (64GB), and man that thing just eats through the battery! I could see the battery indicator going down!!! After using the 7" screen, the Ipod was a huge disappointment, and its sound quality was miles behind the Tab 2. I returned it a couple of days ago. First and last Apple purchase...

Old 04-01-2013, 01:04 PM

The Tab 2 7" is better in about every-way then the 4.0 and 5.0 with the exception of the ability to slide it in your pocket like you could with them, but if you use it strictly as a music player you will LOVE it with that 4,000 Mah battery, it gives you like 3 times the battery life between charges compared to the 4.0, I use it in my car instead of CD's and can go a MONTH between charges, where the BEST my 4.0 did when new was 10 days in the same usage pattern.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
My wife and son and I all have the Tab 2 7.0, and it's excellent. The smaller Galaxy players are nice, but the 7" tablet is REALLY nice. My wife is rough on everything, and hasn't been able to put a scratch in here Tab 2. The screen is Gorilla Glass, and that stuff is flexible as well as hard. My son has a Class 10 64GB card in his tablet, and filled it in one day, so it's got that going for it as well.

I bought an Ipod Touch 5G a couple weeks ago (64GB), and man that thing just eats through the battery! I could see the battery indicator going down!!! After using the 7" screen, the Ipod was a huge disappointment, and its sound quality was miles behind the Tab 2. I returned it a couple of days ago. First and last Apple purchase...
the thing you all miss is that (in my opinion of course) the tab 7 is a pita to carry around compared to the galaxy players. i myself love the sgp for its perfect mix of size and portability. the way i carry mine around (pocket, center console of vehicle, etc) a tab would be a hassle. also just handling and using it is more difficult. it is way bigger than it has to be to allow for enough edge space around the device to hold it.
to me the sgp 5 is perfect.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brosko View Post
the thing you all miss is that (in my opinion of course) the tab 7 is a pita to carry around compared to the galaxy players. i myself love the sgp for its perfect mix of size and portability. the way i carry mine around (pocket, center console of vehicle, etc) a tab would be a hassle. also just handling and using it is more difficult. it is way bigger than it has to be to allow for enough edge space around the device to hold it.
to me the sgp 5 is perfect.
Oh, I totally see your point.....especially given that my tablet is the 7.0 Plus that cost much more than the SGP 5.0 did originally. My tablet stays in its thick leather case, and doesn't leave my house nearly as often as the SGP 5.0.

So the ideal solution is to have both!

Old 04-03-2013, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Oh, I totally see your point.....especially given that my tablet is the 7.0 Plus that cost much more than the SGP 5.0 did originally. My tablet stays in its thick leather case, and doesn't leave my house nearly as often as the SGP 5.0.

Well said! I agree completely.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:

My sentiments exactly, that is why I also have both. Did just purchase a 4.2 due to changeable battery for backup when my sgp5 dies.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:40 AM

Default Is there a way of dissconnecting that battery?

I do not see a picture that shows it is clearly disconnected, I have a really old one that the battery still works, " I hope" but the screen is messed up, So I was going to switch batteries, tell me what you think please.

Thanks,
Greg.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:03 AM

@3300, from your previous post:
"...so i have to think if i need it when going any where. while with the sg5 in my pocket all the time, there is no need for such thought."
I agree absolutely! Just like my phone, keys, wallet and swiss army knife, the SGP is on my person at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3300 View Post
it is HUGE, at least twice the size because it has about a 1" boarder around the view area (would be a KEEPER for sure if it did not have this border and made the case same size as view area) .
Agreed! Why couldn't they have made it a bit thicker and eliminated the wide bezel all the way around?!
Personally I think that if they sold a Samsung Galaxy Tab 6 at the same price it would be a runaway best seller. BUT...they'd be robbing from their phone/handset market, and since those are about two or three times the cost (and profit)..THAT's probably not going to happen.

So, where did you get the replacement battery? I had always heard these were soldered in and was surprised to see the connectors. Thanks for the info and photos.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
So, where did you get the replacement battery? I had always heard these were soldered in and was surprised to see the connectors. Thanks for the info and photos.
Samsungparts.com:
http://www.samsungparts.com/Products...?model=YPG70CW

Parts Simplee:
http://www.partsimple.com/gm43-01010a-smg-n-13.html

Saved to my favorites for future use.