android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2013, 03:58 AM

Default Is the Z going to be superceded soon?

Hi, I hope there's people still checking out this forum.

My Sony NW HD5 finally had a stroke and died after 7 years of faithful service. As it always worked so well, I have paid no attention at all to mp3 player evolution since late 2005. I am now startled to see how far they have come.

That said, my instinct is to stay with Sony as I'm a jazz muso and want to hear things realistically and as detailed as possible. Also, I hope that I can easily import my Sonicstage library (yes, it is that old) more easily into a new Sony than to another make of mp3 player. Or, is this no longer an issue?

I feel as though I want to take a leap of faith and get a Z1070, but I'd just like reassurance that Sony aren't imminently about to release a new equivalent? Is it likely to last 7 years like my previous walkman did?

I'm not remotely a tech-head, and could ultimately care less about having all the internet bells and whistles that these modern players have, I just seek superior sound quality and minimal stress at importing what I've already burned once onto my new device.

Any help will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]